- Post Your Cockpit Pictures Here -

Appreciate the lengthy explanation, definitely sheds light on the subject. So if my 2nd PC were to mainly run my MIP screens(not for scenery), would I need as good a graphics card as my primary computer or would I be able to sacrifice a bit?

Well, that’s the question. Generally speaking, yes. A PC just showing 2D content on screens can get away with a lower-spec GPU.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to be able to test the loungepilot board pictured eariler in this thread before release,(I paid for it was not given it for free, I am a customer just early access) I was hoping to have my cockpit further along to show pictures, but work picked up at the worst time!

I did get a chance to test some switches and hook things up, this board is amazing. I have built a couple of panels before and wiring is always a pain in the butt, the quick release connectors
on the board make things so simple and easy. It is not quite as plug and play as USB, but it is very very simple. You would only need to solder on the switch size, but you could absoluetly use some terminals and not even need to solder at all! Having everything labeled on the board side as well helps keep things organized for when things go wrong.

I have not played with the displays yet, but I am looking forward to it. I think it will make things super easy for wiring up radio panels.

If your planning on building a cockpit in the near future I would strongly recommend looking at the loungepilot board system.

1 Like

+1
I’m also an “early customer” of LoungePilot and i can assure you their design is absolutely brilliant ! Specially for the 7 segments displays wich are a real pita to wire otherwide.
+It embeded 4 arduino mega boards with usb c plug (haleluja)
It can easily handle a full A320 glareshiled + MIP (around 44 led output i think)
Im supposed to be done with my A320 FCU and EFIS but work picked up at the worst time too :joy:

1 Like

Hey thank you so much for the great feedback!! It is a real pleasure for us and we look forward to seeing your build progress!

Thank you!
The LoungePilot Guys.

Thank you Anas for your great feedback too! Absolute pleasure for us having you as an early customer. We can’t wait to see your continued progress!

Thank you!
The LoungePilot Guys.

The biggest issue with the Loungepilot system I can see is the sheer size of that main board. It’s huge. You have to find somewhere for that beast in your cockpit. I simply don’t understand why this would be a good idea when you can just use an Arduino to directly run the MAX modules. The modules seem nice but the main board. No thanks.

Nice Mate. I have 737NG full cockpit Like yours. but I am using Logitech Yokes.

Nice work
 like it.

Hi Tony!

Hey we just felt it fair to have an opportunity to respond your posts in regard to our cockpit motherboard products. You have stated in your posts on more than one occasion that our product is a “Huge” board just to drive some MAX displays. We think you should give fellow community members a bit more credit as it clearly is not a board just to drive some displays and we are sure they can see that. Our Motherboards are a great solution for anyone wanting to build a cockpit of their own as it makes the process super easy and fast as our customers have told us. As for “Huge” we don’t think so, if you are building a cockpit you definately have space! We are sure you have looked at our site where you will find our standard edition board also. This is smaller than A4 and still packs a punch for builders! What we find surprising is given your background with Sim Innovations products you would not like ours? Our boards are fully compatible with Air Manager so they compliment each other perfectly! Glad you like our MAX7219 display solutions, cool eh?

We think it’s important that community members have the opportunity to see hardware/software solutions available to them that can help achieve their goal to build their own Simulators. There are great products coming onto the market, just take a look at Aviation Training Foundation. Really cool! But it’s important that we as Software developers, creators, Hardware solution providers respect each others products. We also like Air Manager a lot and great work on your YouTube channel!

LoungePilot.

I wouldn’t think the board being so big would be too big of an issue I’m using a 23 inch monitor for all of my insturements and was planning on mounting the board behind the monitor, I haven’t measured things exactly but just eye balling it, the board is very similar size.

I will say the benifits of having everything easily accessible, and on quick connects far outweighs any size concern I would have.

1 Like

If I didn’t fly VR I would definitely get one of these.

3 Likes

I take on board all that you said. I never once suggested I don’t respect the work being done by others. Thanks for realising that I was actually being objective rather than critical. I’ll repeat for those that just want to focus on the one thing that I didn’t like. I like the concept of the max modules and the inter- connections. The overall concept is also good but I maintain my original view that the main board is too large. If others find it useful that’s great. I’m not looking to upset anyone and I always try to be honest. I know some don’t like it if that happens to be an opposing view to theirs. I think it’s also important for community members to have a balanced view. As is said ‘Each to their own’.

1 Like

Hey thanks J!

We have tried an Oculus Rift but the resolution is not so good, However still absolutely loved it and hope to be able to try a high end VR system soon.

Thank you for the feedback Tony, much appreciated.

I took apart my brunner yoke head and replaced it with a real baron yoke and yes the real trim and buttons work!

12 Likes

Finally did a video

7 Likes

Really? I guess humor doesn’t fly in this forum
lighten up people.

6 Likes

That’s pretty awesome stuff! Could you point me in the right direction for learning how to operate all those legacy switches with an Arduino? I’ve thought about doing it myself, but don’t know where to get the best info on it. Thanks, and excellent work!

1 Like

Hey thanks for looking! The best place to go is join the Mobiflight discord channel. There you will find alot of information. I also wrote a wiki for the Baron G58 and some custom programming.
It can be found here:

2 Likes