PowerSTOL for FS2020 now with Floats

Amazing in VR! Definitely a great buy. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly cannot wait for this next update!
Everything that’s coming sounds amazing and these previews are wetting my appetite very nicely! Glad you’re taking your time and keeping us all involved along the way. :slight_smile:
Keep up the great work mate!

1 Like

Hallo Pilots,

Im really glad you like it, I have some real life issues, which caused delay, Im sorry, but I promise I will release it within days.

2Ragingbeard: Id also like the welds, but there are so many joints on frame. Maybe only on visible joints from pilot view, but I dont know now, how difficult it could be. Thank you for idea, I will consider it for some of future updates.

7 Likes

Just received an unexpected email from simMarket about the update!
I am getting a network fault on their end when trying to download, but when that is resolved I cannot wait to get this installed and take her for another spin :smiley:

Thank you, Thank you for this unexpected release tonight!

EDIT - That was resolved quickly and am downloading now! Thanks again mate! Keep up all the hard work

1 Like

Hallo Pilots,

Version 1.32. just released simMarket: V.G.P. - POWERSOLO MSFS You should get information e-mail from simmarket. If not, let me know please via PM.

Changes / news in version 1.32:

• Rain effect on windows
  • Icing on windows and airplane surface
  • New modeled disc brakes
  • Added power supply cable for landing light
  • New parking brake control
  • Windshield transparency and reflection adjusted (now more visible)
  • Gauges glass reflection and model depth adjusted (now more visible)
  • Scratches added to rudder pedals
  • Working suspension with remodeled frame attachement
  • Stronger landing light
  • Added NORMAL textures for carbon fiber dashboard and text on tires. Both is now plastic
  • Optimalized 3D model for even higher FPS

Sounds:

• All switches will now click
  • Mixture knob sound
  • Parking brake lever sound
  • Mechanical flaps sound (no servo anymore)
  • Fuel cut off sound
  • Throttle lever sound
  • Fuel feed pump sound

Best regards
Jan

9 Likes

Thanks Jan for creating this masterpiece. Bought it a few days ago, and just cannot stop flying it. I absolutely love it.

I’ve been wanting to do a “round the coast” tour of the UK for ages. I was just waiting for VR to be implemented, and the right ultralight to come along. And now they’re both here. So, the tour has started, and I am having more fun than I’ve ever had before with this combination. This plane is absolutely perfect for VR flying.

Got the email earlier about the updated version. Really excited to try it out later. Quick question… Do I need to delete the current version before downloading the new one?

Many, many thanks for this wonderful plane. It’s already well worth the money as it is, so any more enhancements are the icing on the cake :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, for support, it really makes me happy.
MojoAir: better delete old version. I tried also overwrite, and it worked, but deleting old one is better. Dont worry I have old version backuped, for wors case "-)

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, It has not gone well. I deleted the old version, then extracted the new version into the community folder, but nothing would show up in the game. So I deleted the new version, and re-installed the old version, but MSFS will no longer show it for selection. I’ve checked the Community folder again and again and the Powersolo is sat there where it should be.

Looks like I either have to do a complete re-install of MSFS, or wait until the plane is available on MarketPlace and buy it again. Oh well. That’s the VR tour back on hold for a bit. When do you think it will reach MarketPlace?

Hallo,

no reason to reinstall MSFS, package is suppose to work. Please unzip the package, look inside and only directory “vgp-powersolo” must be copied to community folder (nothing more). If you will have any troubles, let me know. It may be possible your game created more than one community folder, it happens sometimes. I will send you how to find correct one, but first please try the correct directory. You cant imagine how many times I copied and deleted airplane due to testing, and I still have original MSFS installation from August :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I did. I even went into Developer Mode to make sure that MSFS was reading from the correct path, and it was. Turns out it was either my PC messing about, or MSFS playing silly buggers, because I’ve managed to finally get it to work. Happy days :grinning:

So its working now? If so than great and let me know if you will have any problems "-)

Hi Jan

Yes, it is working perfectly thank you. The problem was never with your mod. It was MSFS being temperamental, because it refused to look at the earlier version either which had been working fine.

Took the latest version for a quick flight around New Zealand last night and it was wonderful. Your efforts are greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I cannot help, so I slowly continue with implementing some more details. Added screws to wing struts and redesigned securing pin

8 Likes

Updated to the new version and now it’s not in my hangar anymore, any ideas why ?

Hallo Neil, be sure to check if you copied only “vgp-powersolo” folder into community (not the whole unzipped package). If you will have any problems, please contact me on my mail vigomat@gmail.com
Thank you

Hello. I’ve spent the last hour flying the vgp. It continually wants to pull up. There is no trim control. Is this normal flight condition? Latest version downloaded today.

I just got it, and it’s great fun. My first aircraft that you can look down. Really fun to do, heading to grand canyon now!
Mark

Just map Trim from the Controls Menu to whatever device you have and it works perfectly.

1 Like

Hallo,
as MojoAir mentioned, map trim controls to your controller or keyboard, and you can trim it as you wish. There is no trim control in cockpit, which you can click. The way how aircraft pull up on full throttle is normal and happens in any real aircraft, because whith rising spedd, rises also the lift of wing. If you will have any problems mapping the controls, dont hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:
TY Jan

Ha Ha on me. I totally forgot I could do that to my controller and keyboard. All is well. And yes, I understand function of real aircraft. :wink: