Prevent the flight planner from reshuffling the plan after adding or changing a runway, approach, SID or STAR

I’ve moved back to X-Plane, ridiculous this hasn’t been fixed. See you there.

1 Like

Love it here. Make a post about it being 8 months and still not fixed, get it shut down. That is the way to fix problems, by not fixing them.

Still an issue. Says it is planned with no ETA.

Is there any update to this. This issue is now the biggest issue I dont fly planes like the A32nx anymore.
I KNOW ITS NOT FLY BY WIRE’S fault but the plane is amazing, I just cant be bothered to try and untangle the approach every time, or bumble my way through an approach on VATSIM, I just ask for vectors to the runway if possible.

Its absolute garbage and needs to be fixed, this is basic every other sim “just follows your plan” why is this one messing around with it. It should not be adding USR/USER points, It should not be drawing stupid off plan lines all over the plan, its just poor on every level. Please fix ASOBO, this is still happening!

Even loading a plan from Sim brief to the A32NX the sim still messes it up. FlyByWire are making their own planner, they should not have to, the sim should just work, surely its more effort to mess around the plan than just leave it alone as it is imported, I hate it.

2 Likes

Upvoted. I use Navigraph, mostly, to create my IFR flight plans, which won’t let me set a parking position (and I don’t like starting the mission in the hot state). After having loaded the Navigraph .PLN I need to reset the starting position but that completely destroys the whole flight plan.

This can’t be a big thing to get right so let’s hope we can get more attention to it.

If you pick the parking spot from the dropdown menu instead of picking it on the map the plan stays untouched.

2 Likes

However, it can still happen that the SIM gives you a different runway. If you then click on the SID again to get the selected RWY entered again, it’ll destroy the whole plan. In the past, I have painstakingly corrected everything by hand waypoint by waypoint. This is extremely annoying. In the meantime, I don’t care which RWY he gives me. My departure is set and I taxi to that runway. Anything else makes no sense and is really time-consuming for long distances. It would be very helpful if this bug were finally fixed.

Issue still occurs after Sim Update 5.

Sim Update 5 is next month. This most recent was a World Update.

I couldn’t find an emoji for ‘idiot’ or even a face slap so because I am one, here is a doughnut :doughnut:

Thanks!

Who is always supposed to have a clear view! Let’s just look forward to next month. Maybe there will be an improvement then.

2 Likes

It seems this has been fixed.

The developement update by 22. July says this should’ve been fixed in SU5, but the issue is still there.

Is there a good tutorial somewhere to create a decent flightplan using simbrief > navigraph charts > fs 2020.

Generating a flightplan in simbrief and importing it into navigraph and fs2020 ends up in a complete mess every time.
(yes, all cycles are in sync)

Is this a bug?
[edit] I’m importing flightplan from MCDU in a320nx

1 Like

I can’t confirm this.

This is still not fixed with SU5. Why not?

1 Like

OMG I am glad that i am not alone with this stupid thing.
I have loaded FP from Simbrief and every change SID or STAR on world map completely change flight plan. WHY ???
OMG Help!
ASOBO…FIX IT PLEASE !

I have a similar problem using LNM, but a workaround is to to export the flightplan (including SIDS/STARS) as a VFR flightplan. When imported into MSFS flightplanner, it route is almost perfect, and then it will let you edit the plan without screwing the whole plan up.

You can always request IFR from ATC once in cockpit.

1 Like

The world will get rid of COVID, maybe we will solve the climate change as one…

but we’ll still have this issue.
(and dark approns on handcrafted airports and bad bad bad default ai traffic behavior)

You definetively need (flightplanning and ATC) approaches WITHOUT transition. This is not selectable in all the MSFS Garmin equippements. (You can select this in the FMS of the CRJ. There it’s called vector approach.)
But the ATC of MSFS always selects a transitionpoint.

In this approach to RWY 19, I planned to go via FQ19, which is the FAF (final approach fix). This is an official approach in the Navigator database! But ATC (and the flightplanner of MSFS) adds the absurde transition via SKP. This is no good!