PRO-ATC/SR - Professional Air Traffic Control is out

Quote from PRO ATC SR forum written by modartor:
"I hope monday is the next day when the developer activates all PRO-ATC/SR that have been paid for up to that point.

From 11 to 19 how many days is it now?

Next!

What is a burnout? How can you help?
There is nothing you can do!!

You can ask why a young man (55) gets into such a situation!?
Ask people “in da club” with white noses, why"

They already have a problem with registering new accounts!!!
I don’t think we’ll see any updates. And the project itself called PRO ATC SR died

It is feeling like it’s abandonware.
Initially I was quite excited about the program and did feal as though it was going to develop into a very good ATC product. Since purchase last August there have been none of the promised bug fix or updates. Support is none existent and the forum is unusable due to the over enthusiastic moderator.
I’m going to go back to pilot2atc where there is constant development, bug fixes and immediate support if required.
My advice is don’t go near Pro-Atc until pointsoftware show more concern for their customers.

4 Likes

Exactly the same here, purchased in Sept. and positive at first with many hours of use but have now realized there may never be an update. It’s gotten much worse in the last few weeks with users having to wait 14 days just to become registered and the official forums have become even worse.
Bottom line is if you come across this thread as part of your atc research DO NOT buy Pro-atc/SR!

I personally switched to FSHud recently and have been very happy with that despite lack of some features (e.g. speech recognition).

2 Likes

Pointsoft need to get their act together. Given the uselessness of the vanilla ATC they are sitting on a potential goldmine. Either that or sell it on to a developer who knows a little about customer care and can bring on the program further. Huge potential completely wasted by a lethargic company.
Sorry rant over

7 Likes

I had only just purchased the new ProATC sr software from Pointsoft and the program is exceptionally good. There is some disappointment with it though. It seems that it doesn’t work at all with default aircraft and certain third party aircraft. The only supported aircraft are the PMDG series and Fenix simulations Airbus A320 (costs a whopping £50!) and a couple of other aircraft. Unfortunately, ProATC isn’t programmed to control the ‘major’ aircraft that came with MSFS, look at it this way, I already have the Airbus A320, (default by Asobo!) why pay £50 more for a much more detailed and working Airbus A320? I attempted to fly the default Airbus A320Neo using ProATCsr and it broke the autopilot system, with regards to the GPS/NAV flight plan procedure. ATC even ask you to fly a heading and when you switch on the Heading bug, it doesn’t follow at all, but the aircraft will bank steeply and you lose control. I think it is a great shame that such a program has been made, but doesn’t respond correctly with all the major aircraft other than the ones it claims to support only. I own the PMDG Boeing 737 series, and the program acts perfectly with that. I emailed Pointsoft support, but they are yet to reply. Though, having said this, I have read from so many people that their customer service is very unprofessional. What do others think about this? I know this could be the best ATC add on, but I have concern about their customer services.

I recommend you not to use the Asobo’s default A320. If you don’t want to pay for Fenix, use the Flybywire’s A320neo. It’s for free and much more detailed than the Asobo one. And works perfectly with ProATC.
On the other hand, in order for ProATC to work correctly and not have conflicts, you must disable all MSFS assistances. If you don’t, ProATC will conflict with MSFS and things like the ones you describe will happen.

1 Like

Fortunately, you’re wrong. :wink:

PROATC does work with all other aircraft, it’s just that upon activating the software it asks you if there are any specifc aircraft like PMDG or Fenix etc. You can just ignore that window if you’re flying either a default or another addon.

Consider putting your settings like this for optimum ATC-assistance:

And consider reading the manual for the autopilot stuff. I don’t use that myself, but for ATC the program works very well.

1 Like

Thank you very much guys. I’ll see what I can do, your help has been very much appreciated.

1 Like

This program is acting up now! I had tried a flight from Kos (LGKO) to Bristol (EGGD) using ProATC sr and it stopped working half way through the flight. So, I had to go back to using the default ATC. trying again 2 days later, it only repeats the same instruction over and over again! The people who designed it are useless individuals and shouldn’t even price it as much as they have. As with support from that company, these people are completely ‘dumb’ about the program they created as they have never have any decency to contact you. They are disgusting and should not be allowed to trade for this hobby. Rant over! It really does annoy me. Once the default ATC has been upgraded without the same old boring voices and the repeats of aircraft not obeying their scheduled flight level ( I think is a bug) and also the servers at Asobo’s end don’t keep switching off the Azure voices, then all aspects of ATC for this simulator is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Many Thanks.

1 Like

UPDATE: I have received a full refund for this defunct software. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah it is dead, I stopped using this, it is using not current data for flight planning, plus not a single update about autopilot since launch.

Current data? You have to update it using navigraph

1 Like

I’m not sure why but the ATC chatter is not working anymore. I didn’t change anything. Deinstalled and reinstalled pro atc several times but still no ATC chatter. The mark is set in the settings. Really annoying. Does somebody have the same issue?

Is PRO-ATC/SR dead? When checking their forum it looks as devs have disappeared.

I would personally saythey are, not been an update since release. Shame I thought it had potential when it first released…this product imho was a big Cash Cow.

Thank you. Good to know.
But still for sale…

Today this product can be considered a SCAM

Having launched BATC, which although it is in early access is already much better than ProATC and will have its own traffic injector in the near future, this product is dead if it wasn’t already. I was its defender, I used it for years in prepar3d and it was the best in its time… but in MSFS it has disappointed me: no updates and full of bugs. I prefer BATC even in its current early access state.

4 Likes

I’m so proud of myself that I resisted and didn’t buy this or FS Hud (I was always driven away by the robotic voices) and virtually saved the money for BATC Supporter’s Edition which is great and is heading to be awesome.

1 Like

I was weak and actually bought both FSHud and BATC (and Pilot2ATC… haha). There are definitely some things I miss about FSHud:

• Traffic injection with FSHud also controlling all the injected traffic. Pretty fun to follow planes to the active runway and listen to their ATC communication as they roll out ahead of you.

• Being able to see / modify your flights plans within FSHud as needed if you need to tweak what Simbrief created.

• Taxi assistance (shows direction and distance to next assigned taxiway, etc)

BUT, I’m really liking BATC and look forward to seeing the upcoming AI traffic support and other features that are getting added. And even the basic voices sound pretty nice!

Oh, and the best part by far, the voice recognition. This is what keeps me using BATC even without the added features that FSHud currently has.

…and… just realized this is teh PRO-ATC/SR thread… thought we were in the BATC thread. Sorry for the hijack…

2 Likes