PRO-ATC/SR - Professional Air Traffic Control is out

Looks interesting.

PRO-ATC/SR video using PMDG 737.

4 Likes

Hmmm, Is this any good with VFR?

I dont fly jets.

2 Likes

I have pilot2atc but this may tempt me if VR friendly toolbar window . I have the original and was great in VR

1 Like

Is that MSFS or some other sim? (Edit never mind, it clearly says MSFS :slight_smile: )

Is there a reasonable-length demo video for those that don’t have 2hrs?

Is it just me or does the voice of the virtual co-pilot not match the voice that is interacting with ATC?

Noticed at 1:14:00 the ATC voice is a mess - seems a mix of the controller and pilot. :frowning:

I also notice that the ATC assigned a non-existent gate at the arrival airport. :slight_smile:

Personal Comments

Clicking on “Read about the implemented features…” leads to a 404.

Setting aside the obvious spelling errors just in the product description alone, the disparaging opening line: Pro-ATC/SR is meant for people who take their flying seriously. If your idea of fun is crashing your plane as quickly as possible, this is not the program for you. doesn’t make the product really compelling.

IFR mentioned, I wonder what happens in VFR.

Co-Pilot - theirs or the sim’s? Full control by the PIC “not really a good idea.” Hm.

Many sound files have been implemented and numerous additional recordings are available on different web sites for free. Hm. Don’t really care too much about this, I already have ATC-Chatter which does an absolutely adequate job.

Worldwide navigation database containing all data for airports, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, departure- and arrival procedures (SIDs/STARs). Hm. How does this work with Navigraph or even Stock Navblue? How often is it updated and how does it interact with changes to airport data in the sim? There has to be a visual agreement between the navigation data and the airport layout - because the airport visuals are the primary key - that’s how you often get errors in the sim.

I’ll wait for someone to take the plunge and review this.

4 Likes

Is anyone going to take one for the team and review this? :slight_smile:

AVSIM can help you out:

Well, if this is as good as ProatcX for prepar3d, is a must have.

1 Like

All I would say is before anyone buys this product they should spend just a few minutes browsing the pro atc/x forum

2 Likes

I looked on the forum and saw this post:

Users are reminded that they are required and agreed to sign their posts with full name.

Warning system now in use.

Which I don’t usually have an issue with - only the guy that posted it hasn’t put his full name! :smile:

9 Likes

Unless he is like Prince.

I found the most recent YT video that included this addon. It looks like they have some work to do on the TTS aspect as it switches voices part way through a transmission.

Yeah, thanks… the conclusion there is that this is a simple port of the old program to MSFS with SR added. The issue with using multiple voices in a single sentence is a long term issue. Given they didn’t even address some obvious issues like that, while taking 2 years to port this to MSFS… it is not something I’m going to invest in.

8 Likes

I hope the person saying “transition” got appropriate royalties. :wink:

His wasn’t a large part, but an important one all the same.

for that price will wait a few reviews and see if really worth it.

3 Likes

Cant seem to get it to work. Probably because I’m on SU10 Beta. Little more patience here. :man_shrugging:

(I’m not sure that’s it though, but would appreciate other beta users confirming if they can or can’t get it to work)

I would like to see a DEMO version be available, with Demo limits – ie Say 50 Miles around Seattle. - sufficient range to demo Clearance through to Center ATC.

If the product is any Good, that will sell it … once pilots can see what it does for them.
Only reason NOT to provide a demo might be that the product is over Hyped in its description, and does not live up to it’s promises.

6 Likes

Some Things I noticed

• Works with SU10 but cannot update to corrcet Navdata Cycle.
  • seems to take even ingame weather presets into account (right runway for wind)
  • assigns SID and STAR as advertised
  • AI aircraft are also communicating, not only random atc chatter
  • ProATC Windows not visible in VR (like other eternal apps , cant blame Pro ATC for that)
  • only Gate to Gate Plans, so no VFR it seems
  • AI aircraft still have their issus, like taking too long to leave the runway, or strange Go Around Flyovers (but can´t blame ProATC for that), that is just the standard Asobo AI
  • standard flighplan is not synced into msfs (could be a SU10 beta thing though)
7 Likes

I’m a huge ATC tools fan, and it’s disappointing to read about no VR support again. MSFS has a pretty simple to use Toolbar / Window set-up as part of its SDK, so it makes it seem like a low effort port of the P3D version. Voices sound good though, from scanning that 2 hour video.

@JayDee6281 any pros/cons you’ve noticed so far compared to P2ATC and FSHUD etc?

So, no VFR support?

Nice, that saves money for me. Next ATC addon please…

2 Likes