PRO-ATC/SR - Professional Air Traffic Control is out

I’m gonna buy it no matter what. It was highly anticipated add-on for me, to be honest I didn’t even think that it would be released. Just need to wait until I get back from holiday. This was one of the best add-ons for me in FSX.

2 Likes

Tool bar implementation is very strikt and so easy for a lot of addons to realize. Otherwise a loot more addons would use that. I dont know P2ATC but a big difference between FSHud and PRO ATC is - FSHud directly manages/injects the traffic itself and has more control over it, but looks a little bit stuttery on the ground. PRO ATC has a nice flight planning module. I just released my First Impression Video in German Language - but you could see the UI for instance and some options.

If you have a previuos version of pro atc you seem to get a discount until 15.09.2022

Kind Regards

2 Likes

Thanks for the video. My German is ok, so this was really useful. There is a lot of flight planning stuff, which is nice but I tend to simbrief plan etc a lot already. I think for the VR part, MSFS toolbars are pretty different compared to P3D and FSX that they are still supporting, so they are reluctant to go that extra effort just for a small ‘comms’ VR helper just for MSFS tech alone. Hopefully one of them eventually will throw VR a bone in this area.

The AI traffic at the end is pretty off-putting and not PROATC’s fault. In some ways I think all of these Traffic / ATC tools might be worth another look only when MSFS sorts that out, even if just partially. The go-arounds, spinning taxi and that ‘3000ft over airport’ stuff gets really hard to ignore. :expressionless:

If it really does not support GA VFR, then its not going to have what I am looking for.
As lacking as the Asobo ATC is, it works a lot of the time “OK”, and when it messes up, then I just Imagine what ATC should be saying and adapt to that and live with the Asobo ATC “incorrectness”

3 Likes

Oh I managed to update the NavData Cycle via the Navigraph FMS something (just search for it in your windows start menu)

Then go to the App subtab and let it scan. It will identify the new Pro ATC X and update accordingly.

I get this really weird and long error when I try to iport the Airac Data after the whole runway analysis. And then a lot of errors thereafter. I’ve been looking for a solution and figured it might just be SU10 but good to know you managed to install, so that can’t be it then. THanks.

Thanks… I don’t know German but it was helpful in a couple of respects. The voices are very good compared to others… less robotic sounding.

What’s your assessment of the accuracy in terms of taxi and approach assignments? I notice you didn’t follow the specified taxi instructions… was that because they were wrong? And I didn’t see anything on the landing side of things. One other video I watched, the ground control assigned a gate that didn’t exist at that airport :frowning:

I loved the previous version of ProATC X and its best to assign the arrival gate yourself in the flight planner. You can also select cargo stands if more appropriate.

I’d agree that the voices can be tuned up some notches but so far it has always been the best available. I read some people about using ATC Chatter themselves, this program adds it in between for free if you choose to. It’s pretty nice, I believe it can be a lot better if the developers are ambitious but I suppose it’s work in progress.

Well I bit the bullet and bought it. I’ve been a dedicated user of pilot2atc ever since the vanilla atc flew me into a mountain a couple of weeks after the MSFS release.
I was disappointed that there was no demo version to give it a try as I consider £44 a lot of dosh to take a blind risk with and I think they need to look at that as part of their marketing.
However am I impressed so far? Yes!
Managed to import current navigraph cycle ok after a bit of messing around. I then did a short flight in the Fenix EGLL EGJJ and was very impressed with much better realism over pilot2atc (we’ll not even mention the naff vanilla version of atc) much more immersive. Also it gives copilot support and callouts which may well negate the need for me to purchase the FS2Crew at £30 for the Fenix.
Very early days yet but in my opinion so far so good.

3 Likes

So no toolbar support to use in vr will stick with pilot2atc no gain from proatc

Better than P2ATC, how?

1 Like

Here’s another 2 hour video using Pro ATC. Some things I noticed:

• The voices are probably the best I’ve heard outside of the default ATC.

• Interesting chatter in Spanish (given he’s in Central America)… is that coming from Pro ATC or some other add-on?

• There was no ATC interaction at top of decent, is that normal? How can you change altitude without clearance from ATC?

• He programmed an approach into the flight plan rather than let ATC assign it, so that’s not great - but I had trouble following what he was doing during the approach - it seemed like had two different approaches on the nav… so maybe I missed something… and see next point…

• At 1:54:00 the ATC called for a left turn heading 280, but that made no sense and then they started giving him a bunch of other vectors which he ultimately seemed to ignore and just got back on the flight plan. Reminds me of default ATC :frowning:

3 Likes

We really need someone to do a proper review… these long flights with no voice over are killing me :frowning:

2 Likes

and that website that makes me feel in the 80s
i really thought the link was wrong… took me a while to find a very small button on the end “order”
just terrible “marketing” for a company selling a 50 euros add-on

for the price they are selling this, make a descent website my god.

At least P2ATC have a bad website but descent and have a 10 day trial for the product.

5 Likes

But they forgot to mention pilots who take flying seriously, but enjoy the escapism and don´t want to hear someone chattering and babbling on the whole time, telling me what to do and how to fly my airplane nonstop - instead of letting the autopilot follow my carefully pre-planned flight plan.

Such pilots are probably going to buy this program for the sake of realism, but switch ATC off after installing for the sake of flying in peace and quiet… :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong as I’m not knocking P2ATC in anyway in fact I think it’s a great addition to MSFS and has met my needs for approaching two years.
It’s just that my initial impressions of Pro ATC seemed a more realistic experience. The voices are better for a start and yes I have cereproc voices for P2ATC which I think still fall short.
Also Pro ATC gives more FO interaction in call outs etc. They say this is limited with the Fenix at present so I’ll try a flight in the PMDG 737 later.
Whether I stick with it or not well the jury’s still out but I’ve just spaffed 44 quid so I need to give it a fair go.

2 Likes

I didn´t follow taxi instruction cause I got lost^^. Additionally I am in SU 10 Beta and I got not the right gates for EDDB in the Database of Pro ATC. I think it has problems to read out some airports due to the missing content.xml. That could be the reason for the wrong gate in the video you saw. It would be cool if someone who is still in SU9 could check out, if after the import the gates of 3rd party airports are correctly imported too.

Nice and interesting video. I noticed you didn’t have Navigraph updated/installed: you do know the Navigraph app can update the ProATC database? Use the old app, let it search for addons and then it should show ProATC.

I’m following this with great interest as I’ve already researched p2atc, pf3, etc. but each has issues that made me stick with default ATC despite its faults. Important to me (which is handled pretty well by default):

• Realistic voices (default seems to do this well).
  • Uses live traffic for “chatter”. I always do real-time flights and enjoying seeing/hearing live traffic which default seems to do ok.

It looks like PRO-ATC might be closer to what I want but I’m concerned by some of the initial bugs reported in the forums that might render it unusable and the price/lack of demo. Interested to see how responsive the developer is to the initial issues. Looks like price will go up after sept. 15 so hopefully there will be more in-depth reviews.

1 Like

Why would ypu use this if VATSIM is available? Serious question btw

1 Like

I don’t want to talk to anyone. And from what I understand VATSIM controllers are not always an option in less busy areas. It’s sorta like asking why use a sim when you can fly a real plane? :wink:

7 Likes