PRO-ATC/SR - Professional Air Traffic Control is out

Yeah, for now I prefer flying with virtual “real time” traffic and often follow traffic with flightaware or flightradar24 while doing my flight. Someday I might try VATSIM but for now I’m just looking for something like default ATC (live traffic, realistic voices) but with better real-world procedures and easy integration.

Pilot2ATC works well after the learning cycle . Used pro-atc for years on P3D loved it and excellant integration on VR . Shame his has not made it to FS2020 . So sticking on Pilot unless there is a benefit for VR users.

1 Like

I’m confused, isn’t that what we’re talking about here? If you’re indeed talking about the same Pro-ATC we’re discussing here, how was Pro-ATC better than Pilot2ATC?

Please stay on topic. We’re discussing PRO-ATC, not PilotATC.

I don’t want to flag posts like yours, but I will if necessary.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the reports.
No VR =No buy for me.

1 Like

Well in reality I can’t fly an A320, B737 and DC-6 at tze same day, but I definitely understand the other points, thank you

I watched the useful JayDee YT videos (with auto-translate to English) as well as some older pre-msfs videos of PRO-ATC and it looks promising. I’m monitoring the official forums and the dev seems responsive as there are some issues. I’m holding off for now to see how things progress with updates and if more detailed tutorials appear. The voices still don’t seem as good/clear as the default ATC but seem better than other ATC programs.

Pro atc had full control of atc from a panel within p3d ideal for vr users .if you did not want to use voice control . Not implemented in current version of pro atc so no adavantage for me as a vr user and current owner of pilot2atc. Shame as i was looking forward to getting proatc and have a discount as a previous user.

1 Like

Exactly. I also watched some videos of Pilot2ATC and FSHud and those robotic voices are purchase killers for me. On the other hand this ProATC sounds very close to the default ATC. I am still hesitating though because I am not sure about how it handles the AI traffic.

But Pro ATC has some serious problems with often mixing different voices it seems mixing in one Phrase. That sounds worse than a steady robotic voice.

5 Likes

Well, I’ll wait how this ProATC will progress (if the bugs will be fixed) but from those three I like it the best.

Well my latest attempt at using it went a little better. Most of the problems I had with the first couple of flights were undoubtably user error.
Things still went horribly wrong at TOD however with me not receiving descent information in good time. Requesting new flight levels worked up to a point and then it got stuck in a constant loop trying to send me back to FL300 which had been my cruise altitude. I think that by this point the program had completely lost track of my position in the flight plan.
I wish that there was a couple of decent youtube videos or a manual to help but presently there seems to be nothing.
Wish I had waited now for a more stable and properly documented version.

A limited Trial/demo version might go a long way to making it clear to those thinking of purchasing, if this really is for them.

Couldn’t agree more…
It seems to me that it has the potential to be a very good replacement for the vanilla ATC.
My problem is I don’t know whether it’s me doing stupid things, whether it’s the program or whether it’s a combination of both. I suspect it’s both. However how do I find out without a bit of guidance.

I did a flight with speech recognition now, and I must say this is fun. I had minor problems at the final, and a small crash inbetween, but that could have been anything, and must not necessarily be the fault of pro atc.
The “switching” voices during one phrase effect seems to be nearly gone, since I just disabled all voices but one male and one female.

here would be my video for this flight. ATC communication of course is in english, commentary as always in german.

BTW: Was anyone already able to register for their forum on Forum of Pro-ATC/SR - Index? I just dont get an confirmation e-mail (spam folder checked too).

Kind Regards
JayDee

4 Likes

Thank you, using yt auto-translation to English I got the basics and found this very useful. As mentioned at the end it’s still not clear if the crashes/bugs are due to SU10 beta or the program itself so I agree with the conclusion to wait until SU10 is officially released for a final assessment. To me a huge appeal is being able to interact using speech recognition to learn phraseology in prep for eventually trying out vatsim.

1 Like

Just noticed that phonetic “M” when it prompts for readback is “Miami” instead of “Mike”.
Never heard this before! Any one else?
I still say Mike and it doesn’t notice.

An interesting full flight video someone posted with PRO-ATC/SR. In French (which I understand well enough so didn’t need auto-translate). Some of my take-aways:

• The regional ATC chatter is cool (e.g. French while he was at runway in France and changed in Austria)
  • Voice recognition seemed to work.
  • It seemed to recognizing live traffic from the sim.
  • Handled the approach into Innsbruck (an interesting one) pretty well until the end.
  • …but lots of bugs including the one mentioned above using “Miami” instead of Mike, it stopped working near the end of approach, odd switching of voices during instructions.
    FS 2020 | Lyon - Innsbruck avec PRO-ATC/SR - YouTube
1 Like

I didn’t try Pro ATC yet, but I the following functionality is must have for me and looks like Pro ATC has it implemented:

1. Auto assignment of SID, STAR, approaches and transitions depending on current weather at departure and current weather at destination (once you get to it!).
  2. Ability to see and react to AI traffic: we don’t want to be cleared to take off if there is AI plane departing or on a short final.
    It seems to me that both items are implemented in Pro ATC. Not sure about #1, but #2 definitely not implemented in pilot2atc which was a show stopper for me.

However, unfortunately VR support is missing and it’s no go for me. I’m thinking to try and “bring the window” to VR and try to control the buttons via hotas buttons assignments (because mouse won’t work on that window, not sure about hand controllers), but still sceptical about usability of this approach.
The proper way to implement it for VR is via a native MSFS panel, but not sure we’ll see it anytime soon as Pro-atc is a cross platform, stand alone application.

As of this time this product is plagued with Firebird SQL errors and is unusuable. A developer contacted me and wrote that this happens to very few people and will not be corrected soon. 46€ down the drain.
I should have known when even their web page is not working all the time.