Problem with the Content Manager not updating correctly

I went into the Content Manager to download the Japan content and make sure everything had been updated with the release of everything new in the last patch. When I updated the files I noticed that the Asobo-Flights-Commercial-Flight item is not updating correctly. It says that it has a 2.29MB download available. When I select it and tell it to install the update, it never downloads and installs but a message pops up immediately in the notifications instead saying that it has installed. It remains in the content manager saying that it has an update that needs to be downloaded however. I completely uninstalled MSFS2020 and reinstalled it but the Content Manager is still doing this. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it so that it displays correctly and I know if it actually installed the update or not. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this so that it displays correctly.

2 Likes

Same problem

1 Like

+1

Thought I was the only one.

2 Likes

Same problem with me.

Patric

1 Like

Same problem there is a 2.29MB package won’t be recognized.

This was an issue under Patch #2 as well. This is not a new issue with Patch #3.

It also doesn’t seem to affect anything by its absence.

1 Like

same issue wasted 12 hours to find out nothing updated and It CTD when you try to manualy do it.

same problem here, it shows “in Library”, it is downloading, but not updating/ installing, after download shows “complete”. Also affected:
Aircrafts: “787-10 Dreaml., Cess152 Aerobat, 172 Skyhawk, Beechcraft G58, Cit.Longitude…etc., etc.”
Airports: "EGLL, EAM, FACT, HECA, KDEN, KSEA, etc., etc…
it seeems to be the same problem as it is with “Asobo-flights-commercial-flight” aftter download it still shows “download available” but with “0B”.!!! (premium deluxe edition)

2 Likes

I had an issue where the Mooney M20R failed to apply its update correctly. I shut down the sim, deleted its folder, restarted the sim, then went in to the Marketplace, and clicked Download.

You can’t so that for Asobo defaults, but you can still delete their folder. The next time the sim launches, it should detect the missing content, and prompt to download it again, in the same ways patches to the sim are deployed.

Amazing what you find using the search:

Hi,

We are aware that the content manager shows a 2.29 Mib download associated with the package “Asobo-Flights-Commercial-Flight”. This is a display issue (there is nothing to download). This package is not part of the sim and will disappear from the content manager soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

2 Likes

ohhh man, would be really funny, if all premium deluxe additional features disappear from the content manager. Deleting additional “Premium Deluxe” folders like “787-10” did not help…content manager still stucks, trying to solve the problem by a re-install right now.

edit/update: after a complete new install. Still same problem. I think only premium deluxe edition is affected, maybe it has something to do with “Digital Ownership” rights…before 1.9.3 update everything worked.

edit/ update: SOLVED!! (at least for me). The reason for not updating content correctly was caused by an issue with the “Digital Ownership” right. I managed to install the “Digital Ownership” again via MS APP STORE following this guide: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-content-Microsoft-Store-
Then I did a re-install of the game again. I have had the $1 game pass version installed for a month and switched then to MS Store and bought the premium deluxe edition. Meanwhile I have had code 0x80073D12 and 0x87E00017 errors. When installing digital ownership, be sure system time/ date and language is set correctly to your MS account. It may take some time for MS server to update your account info. After installing the game, it downloaded AND installed the additional deluxe content, leaving “Asobo-flights-commercial-flight” left over, so everything is okay now. The upgrade packages are tagged “installed” again in “Marketplace” catalog.

I’ve got the problem of saying an update is availed for several airports but it shows the update as “(0B)”. Perhaps the pending 1.9.4 is causing this?

1 Like

I’m chalking this up as placeholders for the next update.

2 Likes

Just wanted to post here that I am having the same issue. It shows 0B but update available.

I have this issue too. Another one for Asobo to sort out. Seems to me no point in having this if it does not work properly.

It is happening with me know with US Update. The U POINTS (285Mbs) is not downloading. Stays 0% forever.

1 Like

I have discovered the Content Manager will not load if an addon is put in the Community folder with the wrong file format.
Just check that an addon does not contain a zip or holding directory with more than one scenery file set.

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

did you find a solution?

That’s an old problem that happened with some livery packs. Remove the livery pack, and the problem goes away. I believe one of the .json files was malformed. A missing curly brace, if I remember right.