Problem with Thrustmaster Airbus Joystick

The joystick was working fine yesterday, booted up MSFS just now to do a flight, and crashed on takeoff. Tried recalibrating the joystick but it doesn’t recalibrate properly. (x and y-axis are all over the place). It isn’t two months old, does anybody else have an issue with this thing?

There are a lot of users experiencing CTD’s in the last few days.
It may not be joystick related.
See this:

If it’s the joystick it may be related to this, although this issue generally doesn’t result in a CTD.
Check this out.

I never said anything about the program crashing to desktop. It is a joystick issue.

Ha Ha Ha!
When you said crashed, I immediately thought CTD!! :smile:
I had to go back and read it again.
Glad it was some help!

What is Windows Calibration reporting on the axes?

What is the sim Calibration showing on the axes?

Is Charlie the AI Co-Pilot verified off?

If using Steam, what are your controller settings in the Library for MSFS? Is the joystick recognized?

Have you tried a different USB port? If using an extension cable, does the problem persist if directly plugged into a PC port?

windows calibration goes all wonky, sim calibration is good, I don’t use at AI Co-pilot nor d I use steam. I’ve tried different USB ports and unplugging it and restarting it which worked for a bit then it went all wonky again. Thank You for trying. I think is a lemon joystick and so I will just get a refund at Best Buy when the “lock down” ends.

Why don’t you test it in a different game or simulator?

If Windows Calibration is wonky then yes, I would agree it’s most likely a hardware controller problem. Weird that the sim is not reporting problems. That’s an inconsistency I can’t account for. Normally they should reflect each other.

It isn’t a bad joystick from a functionality point of view, most users quite like it.
Are you familiar with the program FSUIPC7?
It has a significantly better calibration tool, and it is better at interpreting signals from your controller and sending them to the sim, it is a noticeable difference.
I believe you can still use the freeware version, but I purchased it to get the full functionality (it’s not overly expensive)
I’ve had it for years for every sim I’ve had.

Here is a link to the payware:

Here is a link to the developers site where you can download the same for free and give it a try (I believe the freeware still works, - some functions will not be not usable without purchasing, but those don’t involve flight controls):
http://www.fsuipc.com/

As far as the wiring internals go, try what was suggested.
You will end up with a very nice controller in the long run.

I have the cheaper Thrustmaster HOTAS, but same issue. You can open a ticket with them, send them a video of the wonkyness in the calibration tool, and they should send you another for free, whenever they are back in stock…

I also found this video where it explains how to fix it yourself. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m planning on giving it a go soon: Microsoft Hotas 1 Flight Stick - Jitter FIX - YouTube

Thrustmaster rudder axis noise fix - Self-Service / Peripherals - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums