Problems starting a flight in VR

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Randomly, the sim is not initializing correctly on flight start in VR.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It has been a problem in VR that the “Ready to Fly” message is often missing or distorted (see link below), but this seems to be worse in SU15. In addition other problems are now randomly occuring when a flight is started in VR. In just one flight I had this succession of problems:

• The tool bar was missing (see separate topic). I needed to exit and re-enter VR.
  • I could not start the ATC window with my usual shortcut. I had to use the toolbar (once it was re-enabled).
  • Although my joystick was working for the ailerons and elevator, it would not control the engine levers. Using the touch controllers in the cabin also would not work. I had to exit and restart the flight.
  • Despite being enabled (and ususally works), my co-pilot stopped responding to ATC messages. I chose to put up with this, rather than restart the flight yet again.

In other flights

• As mentioned above, the “Ready to Fly” message is missing more often.
  • Several times in previous flights in SU15, some of the controls on the dashboard were not working (although they have worked previously). Again, this would require a restart.

There is definitely something needs fixing in the VR flight start-up. Several separate, unconnected items are either not being set-up correctly in the code, or being randomly over-written.This seems to have become a significant problem in SU13, and has got worse with each update since.

PC specs and peripheral set up (including which VR headset you are using):

i9-12900
GTX1080Ti
64Gb RAM
Quest 2

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

Link (currently 73 votes):

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @ExtraPilot6480,
As this issue is prior to SU15 Beta, closing this report. Per beta guidelines, they only want bugs introduced by the beta or regressions. Use the existing report here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-ready-to-fly-message-in-vr-since-su13/611077