Problems with Autopilot

after installing todays update still have problems when turning the autopilot on. the plane starting to do a circle and ignore my selected altitude. anybody any idea whats the problem?

tested with the Bonanza

thanks

Worked fine for me in the TBM, just shot an approach into KAUS.

2 Likes

Topic title/tags/category were modified.
Topic was moved to #student-pilots:basic-gameplay-help as help was requested.

Bonanza G36 VS broken, it won’t stop at set altitude

1 Like

I had a problem with the A320, set up a quick flight plan on the world map, it transferred to the onboard system but when I took off the waypoint said 0.0nm and the plane just went in a straight line.

3 Likes

thanks for the answer. Im glad to hear that i have an flightsimulator with broken planes

Hopefully they hotfix it soon!!!

Check your deadzones, the MSFS autopilot logics differ from real life. If you would accidentally apply some force with autopilot engaged in real life nothing will happen as you can’t physically move the controls with the autopilot engaged (until exerting enough force to trip the autopilot offline).

The MSFS autopilot however can be overruled easily, the slightest control input, for example a joystick not 100% centered could throw it off. Just turn the autopilot ON and move the ailerons and see what happens! Its comical, the aircraft follows your input but the autopilot steers the yoke in the opposite direction :joy:.

The same thing with me, only with Cessna CJ4

Since the update I’ve had no problems as yet on xbox series x even done a couple of flight’s with Ai pilot and for the first time landed on the runway instead of Terminal Buildings :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Update to my previous post, found out that my issue isn’t just confined to the A320. Tried the same flightplan on the CJ4 and 747 and they all do the same thing. Flightplan was loaded via the world map - Liverpool to Dublin, Low altitude airways and ILS 16 at Dublin. Loaded into each aircraft and they all said the same thing - WAL waypoint 0.0nm and 0 degrees which is obviously wrong. So once you take off and go to flick on autopilot it goes North and keeps going, basically, as I’m on console and don’t have access to mods I can’t use any of the jets. GREAT.

I had the same issue with AP being unontrollable when using any aircraft with the Garmin 1000 in, ive since deleted the free update from marketplace and now its behaving as expected

maybe the autopilot on the PC is different from the xbox series S | X

guys, my autopilot does not work as well, i am noobie in flight simulators but I did in recent days many autopilot routes and it was working fine.

Today I launched the game and autopilot does not follow the path, it just turns right and does circles.

In all planes, it does not matter if I create flight plan via the game or via the mcdu.
In the glass cockpit I can see nice path from A to B with ILS approach via waypoints but as soon I take off and hit the AP having GPS enabled it does not follow it at all, as said, it just turn right and do circles.

I dont use any mods at the moment and have no idea if it’s me or some bug? I play on PC.

Other might disagree but any default un modded aircraft is not worth time effort and aggravation in my opinion. At this point there are enough stable proven, exceptionally done and free mods available that you can actually start enjoying the platform. Grab working title G1000nxi from market place and DA62 mod from flightsim.to and give it a whirl if it still not doing what is supposed to do then there is a chance it might be you and not the buggy plane. With a default you’ll never know when bugs end and you begin.

1 Like

Yes, I strongly disagree. I’m not experiencing any significant problems with any of the default airliners.

Yes, I had some mods in the beginning like the one you mentioned @mastrov, however it did not help, I removed all mods to check if issue persist, and unfortunately I still have a problem.

Heading, altitude hold works fine but NAV does not. I’ve read other posts people having problems with autopilot but their plane goes straight forward, not following the path but continues going forward. My plane is immediately doing hard right turn and it stays like that doing circles.

I use keyboard only for controlling the aircraft. It does not seem like a global issue, since others have working autopilot. I was thinking about reinstalling the game but it takes forever with this amount of data haha.

Well for now I will wait.

Strange, I only fly DA62 and Working Title CJ4 at the moment and those two worked fine on SU6. Now that you deleted all the mods. Try to reinstalling just DA62 and working title nxi mods. Make sure those are the only two you have in your community folder and see if that works. And make sure that in your content manager you have no outstanding updates for scenery planes etc.

I don’t know what you are trying to say.

he tried to reply to me