Profile or settings for Saitek X52 wanted

Hello everybody,
I’m looking for a profile for the Saitek x52 Flight Control System. I’ve been looking for days and can’t find anything. The standard profile is far from sufficient for the MSFS.

Maybe someone already has one or can someone help me with the settings in MSFS?
Thank you !

4 Likes

you dont like to configure itself?
I think this is better, because everyone has his own setup for buttons.
But, i can tell you my assignement later when u want :wink:

I can help you to set up

Hello TrickedList137,

if you can help me, that would be great

Unfortunately, I cannot cope with my own configure or I am too clumsy.
regards

Okay here you get it.

SETTINGS for the SAITEK X52 H.O.T.A.S.

[ 1 - Sensitivity]

First, choose your X52 and then go to Sensitivity

Set this up
(You can adjust it to your taste, but its important that the Sensitivity for Siderudder, R-AXIS Z, is set up like in the Image. Because the standart setting hits too hard e.g. when you rolling on the Runway)

[ 2 - Key Assignement]

X52_Assignement

(1) Brakes
(2) Toggle Autopilot Master
(3) NOT ASSIGNED YET
(4) NOT ASSIGNED YET
(5) Cockpit / External view Mode
(6) Toggle Parking Brakes
(7) Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust
(8) Toggle Spoilers
(9) Decrease Flaps
(10) Increase Flaps
(11) Toggle Landing LIghts
(12) Toggle Landing Gear
(13) Toggle Lights
(14) NOT ASSIGNED YET
(15) NOT ASSIGNED YET (Second Stage of Button 1)
(20) Elevator Trim Down (Nose Down)
(21) Rudder Trim Right
(22) Elevator Trim Up (Nose Up)
(23) Rudder Trim Left
(24) Increase Cockpit View High
(25) Decrease Cockpit View High
(26) Unzoom Cockpit View & Unzoom Extermal VIew
(27) Zoom Cockpit View & Zoom External VIew
(31) NOT ASSIGNED YET
(32) NOT ASSIGNED YET

(POV UP) …Cockpit Look Up & External Look Up
(POV UP RIGHT) …Cockpit Look Up Right & External Look Up Right
(POV RIGHT) …Cockpit Look Right & External Look Right
(POV DOWN RIGHT) …Cockpit Look Down Right & External Look Down Right
(POV DOWN) …Cockpit Look Down & External Look Down
(POV DOWN LEFT) …Cockpit Look Down Left & External Look Down Left
(POV LEFT) …Cockpit Look Left & External Look Left
(POV UP LEFT) …Cockpit Look Up Left & External Look Up Left

So i hope i can help you with this, when not feel free and ask :slight_smile:

Greetigs,

Trickedlist137

14 Likes

Mine is slightly different to Trickedlist’s list.
See it as additions or alternatives.
3. Nose down - trimming
4. Nose up - trimming
15. Park brake (1+15) getting some “use” to it but saves other switches for different functions.

Also good for flaps when you need to have your hand on the stick.
5. toggle flaps down
6. Toggle flaps up

As Tricklist said everyone has his/her own preference. Just experiment and I am sure you can sort it out.

2 Likes

Resurrecting an old thread… I got an X52 for Christmas. I’m using mostly the default configuration with some tweaks for Mode 1, but I set up Mode 2 for autopilot controls. e.g. In Mode 1, hat2 controls the elevator and rudder trim, but in Mode 2 it controls the heading and VS. Mode 2 also has the various AP modes on the joystick toggle buttons.

I use the pinkie button as a modifier. e.g. The default for hat1 is to look in the various directions, but if the pinkie button is held down, hat1 will translate the view in the various directions instead.

I recently set up the 2nd trigger as “next smartcam target” (1st trigger is smartcam by default) and this seems to be working well. So if the smartcam isn’t looking at what I want, I squeeze the trigger further to switch to the next one. I also have set pinkie+trigger to reset the smartcam.

I’m curious how other people might be using the Mode switch and pinkie button.

1 Like

Hi, Forum is english, cant understand you good enough to know what you want

1 Like

Could you share your setup. In mode 2
I am currently using x52 but would like to extend functions as I use vr

I’ve PM’d you a link to the printout of the X52 controller profile and the profile itself. Unfortunately, the printout does not show the key assignments but it does show the description of the commands I’ve defined.

Mode 2 and the pinkie modifier work by sending keyboard commands, so the keys configured on the X52 need to match what is defined to the keyboard in the sim. I’ve mostly used the default keyboard commands, but there are some that needed to be defined or changed in the sim. So if something doesn’t work, make sure the key being sent by the X52 matches the key defined in the sim.

I’ve also disabled the clutch button in the USB Game Controller properties, so that the button could be used as the brake.

2 Likes

Thank you for this excellent work.
I’ll give it a try and let you know.

This is my first time writing. I’m a recently paralyzed person and after a year in the hospital at Stanford University they got the upper part of my body working. So my friends got together and bought me the new MSFS and Logitech x52 joystick. I sustained a head injury in my fall and I don’t mentally function quite as well.
I’m looking for a print out of what the default joystick settings are. So where are the flaps and landing gear etc. The joystick works fine its the operator who’s got issues. Thank you Mike

If you are still interested, I have mapped the FS2020 X52 profile. I have done this in PowerPoint, so if you want the PP version to modify yourself, send me your email, as this site does not allow PDF or PowerPoint uploads.

4 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

Mirad esto: MSFS 2020 Saitek X52 pro MFD y leds Ver 1.3.2

Hello, very useful thread, thanks for the inputs!
I prefer that what goes up to go up, and what goes down to go down, so I assigned the toggle keys as follows:
Toggle 1. Flaps UP (Increase)
Toggle 2. Flaps DN (Decrease)
Toggle 3. Gear UP
Toggle 4. Gear DN
Toggle 5. Spoilers ARM
Toggle 6. Parking Brake
I know it sounds like I wasted some toggle actions, but if you keep the original function of the ‘pinkie’ switch (extend actions) you may add some other functions to the 1-6 toggle switches.
Other assignments (different from the default MSFS):
Fire A. Active Pause - I find it very useful although it doesn’t work exactly as supposed
Fire B. Switch between Cockpit/External View
Fire C. Reset Cockpit View (useful for my POV Hat 1 layout - see below)
Fire D. Rev Thrusts (somehow this doesn’t work with the FBW A320 Neo - to be investigated - if any ideas on how to configure this, or the throttle detents, help will be appreciated)
Fire E. Toggle Spoilers
POV Hat 1: Cockpit & External Look (Up, Up Left, Up Right, Left, etc.) - this is why reset is useful
I am thinking about adding more functions using the ‘pinkie’, I will edit this accordingly.

I tried to use the programmer (or profile editor) to program the controller, but as far as I learned this is limited to the keys assignment, and here are some caveats, I skipped it for now.
Regards,
C.

This is an approach I like too, since it’s mimicking the control column input (push for nose down, pull for nose up)

MODERATOR EDIT:
hello good night to the meenos in my country Uruguay the truth I am a beginner I would like to know if anyone can pass me that nice configuration that is there thank you very much. I don’t know if they have any group or discord to be able to fly together.

hola buenas noches al meenos en mi pais Uruguay la verdad soy un principiante me gustaria saber si alguno puede pasarme esa linda configuracion que hay por ahi muchas gracias. no se si tienen algun grupo o discord para poder volar juntos.

i AM NEW TO THIS SITE. iS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN SEND ME THE PROFILE AS THIS WOULD HELP ME INJOY THIS SIM SO MUCH…

I’m new here too, can some send me the x52 profile as well?