Program Crash and Quits over Central Park, NYC

Don’t know where to put this post, if someone has a better idea, please advise.
Been seeing reports about program quitting, but thinking, whew, not me…lol
Today in a Cessna 172 , probably my longest flight, flew from Westchester Airport and half way over Central Park, the program completely crashed on me. Took me out to desktop…And I didn’t get to fly past the Statue of Liberty…
Using Steam
i7 6700
16 GB Ram
GTX 1080…
Until I get my new 3080 I9 build in about 3 weeks.

NYC is a pretty intensive area for your computer. If you already had a long flight before, it´s possible you ran out of RAM for example. Could be a good idea to give us your graphic settings, so we can check out, if the settings are useable with your hardware.

Greetings :slight_smile:

i fixed all my crashes by removing any liveries.

1 Like

I think you are right. I did set to High, but lowered a bunch of things like Shadows, bloom, detail. I remembered that I did a long flight over the Grand Canyon with no problem. I’ll try again with medium settings , NYC area is intense and I was surprised it was running as smoothly as it was and then CTD with no error.
I’m hoping my new rig, I9 10850k, rtx 3080, 32 gb 3200 ram, 850W psu , and fast 2 tb Ssd nvm should make a big difference.
It does , however , seem that getting a CTD with no error message is an issue.
Thanks for your reply.
I’ll also make sure there are no other memory using processes …ie Malwarebytes.

Hi. Sorry for the ignorance, but are you talking about custom liveries you added, or is there a way to shut off all liveries…
Thanks

only the ones from the community folder.

Hey,

maybe also check your virtual RAM. Check the MSFS Support Guide in my thread.

You can find, how to do it here:

Your new rig will run the game without problems, pretty sure.

Greetings :slight_smile:

What size/resolution is your monitor? Bigger means more drain on the graphics card which can lead to instability in MSFS.

Only 27". Think it was my graphics settings. I lowered to “Medium” and did the same flight in reverse (Teterboro to Westchester) over NYC and didn’t Crash to Desktop.
I also, shut off some background processes.
THanks
Steve

Just did almost the same flight at Medium and low settings and I had no problem. Also shut off some background processes.
Thanks for your help.
I will follow your memory tutorial if it happens again.
Thanks

No problem!
Happy landings!