PSA: LOD Slider Can Be Increased Past 200 - Dramatically Improves Photogrammatery

Have a look here Ground texture - Low resolution - Internet incorrect Bandwidth - #271 by DeferredGull247 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently have mine on 200 and it does cause stutters at large airports but its def worth it at that setting depending on where you fly.I am seeing articles saying there is no diff between 100 and 200.

1 Like

I would love to see those articles

1 Like

Yep I pretty much agree with you.I find even with 200 its doesnā€™t look good

200 resolution looks better than 100 resolutionā€¦ but this is all relative. It doesnā€™t solve the LOD degradation weā€™re seeing nor the new ā€œpop insā€ which I never experienced until yesterday.

1 Like

yes because autogen is not tied to terrain lod setting

I can no longer set terrain lod to 4 as before the last patch, for some reason now it is way more taxing than before, anyone?

Idk . Sometimes i can afford 10, sometimes even 4 is too much. Very inconsistent for me.

I have to adjust it usually couple of times during flight

1 Like

I still can but you are correct, much more taxing. GPU runs 20% more and Iā€™ve lost 5 frames or so.

1 Like

same was in p3d if you get enough memory you could add similar parameter to prepar3d.cfgā€¦ not add, sorry, overwrite max settings, in msfs is in the menu