PSA: LOD Slider Can Be Increased Past 200 - Dramatically Improves Photogrammatery

What resolution and scaling settings?

Any improvement.

does anyone know where this usercfg file is for the steam version?

EDIT: its ok I found it. Itā€™s in a different location under the AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Thatā€™s just te photogrammetery trees. Nothing to do about this. Everyone is seeing it. Thatā€™s also the reason why thereā€™s so many trees in photogrammetery cities. To hide these blobs

Iā€™m mostly seeing these blobs on buildings rather then the trees myself, Phoenix Arizona is a really bad area for this. I hope this can be fixed, really does break the immersion when you have clusters of buildings looking like that.

2 Likes

True, the buildings can be ā€˜bloppyā€™ too. But in the case of the guy i responded too it was about the trees at low level. Unfortunately thereā€™s nothing they can do about it. Atleast for the buildings increasing lod does give some benefit

1 Like

Looks good think I am going to need 64gb of fast ram and a titan class gpu

5 Likes

Lol 64gb stuffed is not gonna run smoothā€¦ Not even with a titanšŸ˜‚

I am referring to a next gen Titan :wink:

Haha still doubt it though. Thereā€™s alot of data to process for the cpu and gpu if youā€™re working with those numbers of ram. Viewing distances will be great though, but not sure itā€™s worth the investment if you get horrible fps. But iā€™m not gonna stop you. Would like to see the resultsšŸ˜›

Give it 10 years time or less. Technology moves really fast.I turned off rolling cache and that made a bit of a difference but that LOD looked good too bad current hardware cannot keep up.

Thatā€™s exactly the conclusion I came to as wellā€¦see my post earlierā€¦

It doesnā€™t snt cache texturesā€¦

Thats the photogrammetry trees the ai is supposed to blend/cover that with tree textures. Its slowly improving but is not related to LOD quality/resolution.

So wish we could pump up the LOD setting without having to make the file Read Only. The higher LOD for Terrain looks incredible and my system copes fine with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you try it using a manual cache of the area (combined with the LOD tweak)? Iā€™ve found manual cache helps a lot with performance, though the LOD issue is still there. Havenā€™t tried the LOD tweak yet, will do after the update.

Cheers to those who do this mod and are happy with the results, But I donā€™t think it should be necessary to mod the sim to achieve these results.

3 Likes

Can anyone please tell me where can I find the cfg file? And if there is anything special to do to see it. Thank you very much in advance

Do you think that ram speed is important here if Iā€™m running an Intel system? I have 2666mhz and am chasing the same results you are with this LOD (will be adding a 3090). It would be cheaper for me to just get another 16gb stick of 2666 rather than all new fast ram, but I would love to hear why it may help with this specific scenario

@GTPILOT7596 sorry that question was also aimed at you ^