PSA: NVidia has found the root cause of stuttering and VR performance in their drivers!

Ok. Just tested. Fresh install of 451.48. This is night and day on my system (Quest 2 + 3600x + 2070s + 32Gb). Incredible how much smooth it is running. I am locking fps at 30Hz ASW, so not sure if there’s a gain in fps, but frame times are more stable. Tested only on a short flight on the Bonanza and even with glass instruments it was running really well. Clouds on HIGH, Terrain LOD at 100. Reflections on HIGH. Resolution is 1350x1350 (using oculus FOV multiplier) - 100% render scale + TAA. No SS.

Oculus is set to 90hz and recommended resolution (1624x1648 on my system). It is running so good now that I don’t want to turn off the PC to avoid problems. hahaha.

Driver made a difference for sure. Also, I am not sure if this new MSFS update or the Oculus v25 also had an effect. I have a feeling that V25 is less taxing on the CPU. Seems to leave more Headroom, but can’t confirm.

This sim in VR is absolutely incredible… when it works. Really rewarding to finally have this running well… not only playable, but very enjoyable now.

Tip for Quest 2 users is to keep your Headroom higher than -100. On my system, - 70 works really well. This will keep ASW stable.

3 Likes