Q&A canceled - any update on it?

Well, they should have a good reason for this delay (cough cough updates)

Spicy!!! And from a Forum Moderator no less.

5 Likes

Not feeling like it sounds a lot like hiding away from the tough questions they likely have no answers for. Not a good look at all. Imagine first responders not feeling like it. Come on man! Gotta do better than that. A simple statement can go a long way.

4 Likes

I mean,I get it but I don’t really think they need to give any exact reasons for internal scheduling changes.

An update on when it will be, perhaps, would be nice, but getting into specifics about what internal dialogue and events triggered the delay? Yeah that’s internal business affairs as far as I’m concerned.

Wouldn’t mind a word on approximately when to expect it though

6 Likes

If I recall correctly, they said the cancellation was due to a panel member being unavailable and they’ve announced it’s on the 29th.

They rescheduled at least for those did not know.

10 Likes

At this point and time I couldn’t care less when they do it tbh. All we get is some marketing nonsense, get a trailer where the sim is not looking like it will ever look, see how unpleasant questions are dodged and then some promises that do not come to pass. I am kind of done with that. It always follows the same scheme.

I am not saying that the sim has not improved in the past. It certainly has. Especially after the SU5 debacle, but the answers from the Q&A panel before SU5 and its actual result showed some hmm lets say disparity…

15 Likes

They’ve rescheduled it for the 29th, and said the reason was a member wasn’t available. I very much doubt they’re going to go into the specifics of why they weren’t available, or the exact inner workings of their company.

1 Like

Not would any rational commentator expect them to. Nevertheless an update discussion is welcome. :relieved:

1 Like

That should be put in #community:news-and-announcements

They really should give time in UTC for these events as well

4 Likes

I agree with all you say, still I’ll watch it :slight_smile: I actually enjoy the Q&A’s :smiley:

1 Like

I used to be a huge fan of the Q&A’s, but the past few ones I’ve noticed the same things as you have listed, which is unfortunate.

Their weekly bugs and feature request lists in their dev updates also seem to be frozen and haven’t seen any progress for a long time, which leads me to believe that the plan they are following (gamifying the sim) and the plan they are presenting to us is very different, and it’s pretty evident which one they’re following.

5 Likes

I suspect we are asking things they can’t/don’t want to answer.

‘Gamifying’ is a good step, it broadens the user base and provides more money. The plan of more activities, air racing, Top Gun, is entirely consistent with that and it’s what they have said they will do. Not everyone has to do that, fly your way.

So yes it’s clear they are following it and I’m looking forward to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Interesting how your views always align with Microsoft’s.

2 Likes

Let’s unpack this problematic question.

• How am I supposed to know what Microsoft’s inner views are, I’ve only been on the sim for 6 weeks since Xbox launch.
  • Am I flattered that you follow my posts so closely that you know what all my views are? Not really, but they are sound opinions I guess.
  • Is this an implication that I’m some kind of MS stooge or hidden employee simply because it differs from your view? Come now, one would hope that a line of argument wouldn’t be that limited. But sadly it appears to be.

My views are perfectly rational and align very well with the real world. Your mileage may vary. :slightly_smiling_face:

No.

I’m sharing my view, I think I’m doing it civilly and I’m telling no-one how to feel, I’m sharing how I feel.

I’m unimpressed that your reaction to people with views different to your own is to tell them to ‘shut up’.

This is a sim for different people on varying platforms to enjoy in differing ways. There’s no gatekeeping here for people on one platform only or people who have been posting for a long time only.

We also have different views on how to improve it, it’s called a ‘forum’. :thinking:

2 Likes

This forum is to discuss MSFS; not users. A reminder of the Code of Conduct and it’s SOP. Closing topic.

Our Live Q&A has been official rescheduled for Wednesday, September 29th at 10:30am PT (Pacific Time Zone). We look forward to answering your questions.

It is: [BLOG] September 16th, 2021 Development Update

1 Like