QualityWings 787 for MSFS has been announced!

No no no they first say maybe Christmas. Then they say Q2 2023 then Q3-4 2023 then: It’s done if it’s done. The 777 will be release Q2 2024. The 747 Q4 2024 and the qualitywings 787 Q4 2022. Believe me

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2030

1 Like

It will be after the sim update 15 for msfs2030 as the last 14 sim updates would have conflicted with various third party addons includingthe 78u…

2 Likes

Yes I too as a patient person have to admit that the waiting time to get some serious airliner fleet is sloooowly starting to annoy me a little bit :smiley:
Last update was 7th of March 2021 on their Facebook page…

Based on how long the PMDG`s and the Fenix took it should be clear that there won´t be any new Boeing types (like PMDG 777 or Fenix 737 MAX, or the legendary Jumbo Jet Queen of the Skies and whatnot…) for you to enjoy flying until 2024 - or even mid to end of 2025.
A study-level Airbus A350 might probably never happen.

Rumour has it that PMDG 777 will be available next year, they’ve been already working on it for some time. But we both are in the area of speculations.

Aged like milk :rofl:

We still dont have any news on this, right? :frowning:

There have been no updates on their forum on the 787 for MSFS.
This last entry, posted by Ernie Alston their principal developer, is almost a year old:

Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 12:59am
We’re still here, we are still in active development, but we are not ready to make any announcements yet.

We are very interested in producing a product for MSFS. But since our Q2 2021 estimate for the 787 for MSFS was way off. We’ve decided that for now being quiet is better than giving wildly inaccurate delivery estimates.

We hope to be able to announce our development status and plans, but we are not yet ready to do that.

2 Likes

If you watch a recent YouTube interview with Randazzo of PMDG, he implies that a company making a plane seems to have hit roadblocks and were approaching PMDG for help. The company isn’t named, but given PMDG’s Boeing expertise and QW 787 delays, a lot of people were guessing that was QW, which means it’s likely still a loooong way off.

2 Likes

Oh interesting. Atleast something, even if its not hard facts :slight_smile:

1 Like

With HeavyDivision forking out a separate branch to build 787 independently on lines of FBW, time may be running out for QW.

I didn’t know this was happening but it’s very welcome. It’s amazing to have so many dedicated, good quality freeware devs.

1 Like

Yes, the HD effort is really welcome. They’ve been doing great work so far, but they’ve got quite a long way to go…

Any news on here? I seem to not have access to the 787 general forum. Does anybody else have or has it been blocked generally?

1 Like

Last post on the QW forum from May 2023 sugests that the 787 project for MSFS is shut down. So i would not keep you’re hoop up. I have the QW 787 for FSX and the Horizon 787-9 (exept for the efb ) is on the same leven as the QW 787. Even if they launch a 787 i will stay with the Horizon 787-9

Welp, certainly an unfortunate situation at Qualitywings.

Why are you necro posting in a thread which has a excitable title and the last few posts show that the entire project looks dead?

I’m sure a lot of people would liked to have seen a QualityWings 787. Yet with no new news from the dev in 18 months and some freeware alternatives, let’s let this thread be put to rest.

All this hype, Q2 2021 release, then it became Q4 2021, then 2022, now Q4 2023 nearly 2024, and it all ends here. But I guess you are right, what a shame it had to end like this.

Time to take quite a step back, right? Where the hell are we here? Some place you get insulted for posting on open forums and open topics?

Nothing more to add here!

4 Likes

Well, the thread is three years old and circumstances have evidently changed a lot since it was started - maybe someone should “report” the topic and ask one of the CM’s or a forum Mod to edit the title to something more descriptive, like " QualityWings 787 - Apparently DOA".

2 Likes

I know this thread is months old but I’m just curious to know what happened to QW. My understanding is that the project probably either dead or perhaps might be incorporated into MS2024. They announced their 787 for MSFS way back 2021/2022 but since then a lot of things have changed. In particular working title update for 787 and freeware horizon 787-9. These airplanes have more functionality then what QW had originally proposed.