Question about melted lego block looking building scenery

Pics of Downtown Manhattan below 1k feet?

Passing by NYC
 nice eh

3 Likes

Turn on ultra for everything, especially lod, grass, texture detail. Your computer can handle it. Lock your frame rate in sim to below 30, lock it in the gpu at 30.

It will all render fine. You can turn off multiplayer and AI traffic to test your baseline.

If you have bad internet, you will have to download the data to a region cache, but medium quality will help you avoid the lego block issues with trees as building will render without data having to be downloaded. For high scenery areas, you will need to download in high quality.

Just be aware that rendering lots of objects at high levels of detail will impact your frame rates.

Then it would be infuriating to the community that they put 50Mb/s as the Ideal connection speed, in other words saying we cannot do better with anything beyond that.

When in reality to get promo-level quality and results you can benefit from way way more than that.

3 Likes

100MBPS here and still getting this

1 Like

Still seeing it after the patch!

Yup and all the naysayers have yet to post screens under 1000ft or on ground with clear crisp objects
typical :rofl:

This is what I don’t understand. I don’t think it is my system, but many will say oh it is just your setup
 hopefully will be fixed one day.

I am having the same issue. I have a high end computer and a constant 50 Mbit/s connection. According to the system requirements, I’m hitting all the requirements in the “ideal” area. And still, photogrammetry cities look horrific. Checking task manager, the game is only using 10 Mbit/s of download rate, while soaring just a few hundred feet above a photogrammetry supporting city, even though it could easily use 5x of that. I’m not limiting the streaming rate in the options menu, and the game was using the full 50 Mbit/s while loading an update without any issues. It just doesn’t make use of my connection during the flights, causing the textures to look they are ripped from a PS2 game. I have also tried activating Teredo, someone in the forum was able to fix this problem by doing so. It didn’t have an effect for me unfortunately.
I refuse to believe, that the problem is my system. This HAS to be a bug, and it really drives me mad how they haven’t fixed this yet. I reported this as a bug with a support ticket already. All I got was “Check the forum, there are people that will love to help you!” and then they closed the ticket. Ridiculous. Seems like, many people have this problem and photogrammetry was the number 1 most important feature of this game.

7 Likes