Question, Are these specs good enough?

Hey all, just recently saw a computer at a shop with these specs as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060
RAM: 16GB

And I think the name is the Omen 15 but not the laptop. Its a full tower.
I’m not very good with predicting with what computer can do what but I just want to triple check that it’s good for this game that i’ve been dying to play for a while :))
(Also I would’ve posted in Self-Service > PC & Hardware but I couldn’t find a way to start a topic :expressionless: )

Thanks all!

Hello, I’ve moved your post into #self-service:pc-hardware now where it’s better suited.

1 Like

Should be perfectly fine! It depends on the screen resolution though. For 1080p or 1440p, sure. For 4K Ultra, not quite.

I think it all depends on what performance you’d like to see in MSFS. The PC you’ve mentioned here seems to me like it would be pretty ok for MSFS, but you’ll want to pay attention to the screen resolution. I would personally go for 32GB RAM vs. 16GB. Also, keep in mind that pre-built PCs are typically severely overpriced and often use sub-quality parts. I suggest to stay away from these like Alienware and iBuyPower. Good luck

Well I dont really mind the resolution, 720p is enough for me tbh but I would mainly use windowed mode anyway. :slight_smile:

That does sound like a better Idea but ones with 32 are quite hard to find, I’ve seen some others with like an i7 CPU, with something like a 1070 ti - 1080 ti, and they have 16 as well if there any better. As well, AirForceProud95’s setup is a 1070 with an i7-7700 think with 16GB, and he seems to be able to run it on ultra with a very good fps. But I suppose I could buy one seperatly if you really think its the best idea. Thanks!!

Defiantly good enough to run MSFS well but I agree if you can get 32gb RAM I would do that.

1 Like

In my opinion 16 GB are enough at the moment, since the last update the simulator doesn’t use more than 8 GB! :roll_eyes: I hope MS will fix this… (Look here: Anyone figure out how to force MSFS to use more RAM?)

2 Likes

I dont think you can go wrong with 16GB of ram. Like you said, folks do it right now. However, as the sim continues to evolve, the specs may change along with it. I would just keep an eye out for some extra ram and get it when you can.

1 Like

That machine should be perfectly fine to run MSFS. The standard 16GB are plenty - I have 32 but even with many running addons I never cross the 10GB threshold after Sim update 5, and that’s total system usage, not just MSFS.

Should you notice you need 32 you can always upgrade at a later date.

As suggested above monitor resolution is probably the most important thing, but as long as you’re not pushing 4k at ultra settings you’ll probably enjoy all the game has to offer.

Hope you’ll have a ton of fun!

1 Like