Rain as advertised

This is the rain, as depicted in the opening video that is played while waiting for us to press any key:

Looks awesome.

So I went here to find some rain:

And this is the rain as depicted in game:

You can hear it, you can’t see it. It literally doesn’t do what it says on the box.

Edit: Solution found…at least found for anyone with an HDMI port. Anyone without, or anyone outputting to an AVR via the HDMI port (like me) is **** out of luck.

8 Likes

I’ve had it both like you’re showing and like the video. So long as you have breaks in the clouds with sun at the right angle, you can see the rain streaking over the glass.

1 Like

I’d love to see that. I’ve been flying this sim since August 18th and I’ve yet to see rain as advertised.

3 Likes

To see rain you need to set the graphic settings correctly. Too low and there will be no visible rain.

I’m on ultra everything.

That’s strange…

Many topics already deal with it.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no solution to the problem yet.
In my case, this is only observed in live weather.
With weather preset there is no problem with the rain.

4 Likes

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky on where I’ve flown for the last 2 months and it’s always been misty. I invite anyone to prove it works by posting a video that matches the first one.

Edit: In live weather.

Ah yes, I should of clarified, this is with live weather. Always live weather.

2 Likes

I don’t understant. In your previous post you wrote that you can hear the rain, but only the graphics are missing.

Just watched your video and there’s no sound at all.

1 Like

Well if rain works in weather preset mode, maybe I’ve been unlucky in live mode and only flown in areas where the rain has been that fine misty rain that you can hardly see. However, I’ve been sat on the runway at my local airport (EGTF) when it’s been raining and all I see is a few spots on the windscreen.

And…nuts, I didn’t record the sound. But I can swear on a bible you can hear the rain hitting the canopy.

So you actually do see raindrops and you have the rain sound?

Didn’t I just say that?

You can’t see rain coming down. Only drops appearing and then disappearing on the windshield when parked on the ground.

A lot of things in the game were not as advertised on youtube haha. But rain is still good imo

1 Like

I’ve seen no rain since the excessive lightning from the last patch (not last weeks hotfix).

1 Like

Ive seen both, with live weather, it has become a little unpredictable though.

Yesterday while on the world map, sim showed rain at Brussels but when it loaded the airport, it was dark and cloudy but no rain at all. Which is obviously different from being able to hear drops but no the streaks across windscreen.

I’ve seen rain lots of times in real weather. At my departure point and destination. When the plane is going slowly the rain drops on the windscreen look excellent. When you speed up (i.e take off) they are visible only on the edges of the screen as it streaks past.

I’ve also never seen the rain like the marketing materials. Like stated by others, I can hear it, but very little visual indication of rain at all. I’m also running the relevant settings on Ultra.

I’ve had rain where I hear it splattering off of the airframe and windows but don’t see it. However, more often than not I can visually see the rain in stormy/rainy cloud conditions - both live and pre-set conditions. There’s obviously some discrepancy going around, so I’d urge you to report the issue to Zendesk when you get the chance.

The thing that’s most maddening is that it worked on initial release and it was gorgeous.

I took the screen shot below 5 days after launch. A large storm was rolling over my city. I checked actual radar maps, and it was extending over the city and just over the shore of Lake Ontario, leaving the islands mostly untouched.

Wanting to see if the weather in game matched, I took off from CYGK in my trusty C172. There was rain and wind. I could see the rain on my windshield like in the preview marketing material. Flying out of the storm, this is what I saw, pretty much a mirror image of what I was seeing on live satellite imagery on my second monitor. It was marvelous.

Since the first patch, “live” weather has been spotty at best, and all visual indications of rain are pretty much gone. And it’s a massive disappointment (and downgrade) considering what we had at launch.

2 Likes