Random CTD no error message 5-45 mins into flight

sounds similar to my:
i7-8700k/64gig RAM/2080TI/3840x1600/ TM * same

We had for a while a discussion with a user which owned an “HP Omen”… not realy good experiance, but he had an older variant.

Have you enabled these HP turbo mode for e.g. memory ?

Where does one enable these modes? Omen recommends making changes via the Omen Gaming Hub, but I see nothing in there.

while ago… I think there was kind of “Performance” - Tab where you can choose “inteligent / custom / …” .

This one doesn’t have “performance mode”. The HP webpage for the Omen provides info on the features generally, but this model does not have “performance mode”. Would there be something somewhere on the PC itself?

I not realy own such an Omen :slight_smile: … what we tried is to disable the XMP mode, but because of how HP limit the access to BIOS ( and each other hardware setting ) , it was just not possible ( and this call HP a gaming pc :wink: ) .
We just know that some PC have issues with MSFS if the memory is in XMP mode and would made a test.
But of course, issue might be completly other thing. I can only say it seems not a map issue, because it works fine in my case.

From the HP website “Performance Control” is for Omen notebooks.

There’s an update for the Omen Gaming Hub. Just installed now:)
It has all the features including “Network Booster”.

this says the datasheet :

OMEN Command Center
OMEN Command Center puts you in control of custom settings for an elite
gaming experience. With just a few clicks, you can safely overclock CPU and
RAM, customize chassis lighting, and optimize connectivity with Network
Booster and Dual Force functionality.

also check for other updates… like chipset drivers etc :slight_smile:

Which one do I need to alter? I do not want to overclock.

as said… don’t know because I have not a HP :slight_smile:

Check, at least for a test, that no-where is something enabled like “Turbo / XMP / …”.
( I remember me, that it was a bit strange: custom and then disable turbo ).

And don’t forget: possible check former that all drivers which HP offers are up2date :slight_smile:

My level of competency on drivers is nil! I am in HP page for this computer and exact windows version. There are drivers for Bios, Diagnostic, Driver-Network Firmware, Software Solutions, Utility Tools. Have no idea where to start:(

EDIT: We have HP Support here and through the Support Assistant all drivers are upto date as at today. We have a number of HP PCs and Laptops so we get good service ftrom HP.

HP have not a software which do this for you ?

It is to “complex” to do this per “forum”. You have to check / compare your installed driver versions and this one which is shown at HPs page. Where necessary you have to install the current/newer version.

ah… :slight_smile:

The next scheduled check is Feb 4th.
Is there anything now I can do?

hmmm… it’s just strange that it happens for you allways at the mentioned coords.

Possible other users can made a test at these coords.

No direct other idea at the moment… cache have you already disabled for a test… so… hmmm…

For clarity, the specific coordinates are where I have CTDs since MSFS Aug launch. BUT: since like the last update 1.12.13.0 I have them on all flights anywhere in the world, like others are having!

ah… then I completly misunderstood :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Since 1.12.13.0 a lot of users get issues with the network related settings ( live traffic, ai , etc ).

You can try to disable it. I mentioned the links here:

If you have software installed with simconnect, then is there also an existing issue which cause ctd.

I do not have simconnect installed on the PC as a standalone I use FSUIPC7 and LittleNavMap, but the latter is not used in my testing.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, will do. Next update is with the world update with the UK, yes?