Re-installing DVD version on new Windows install

Hello,

I have installed DVD MSFS 2020 in my computer for three months.
Recently, the Windows 10 system was crashed and the MSFS 2020 was
damaged. Now I reinstall DVD MSFS 2020 on new Windows 10 system,
however, when I redeem the code and get the message: the redeem code has
existed. Please you help me: What should I do for the redeem the code?

THANKS!

Dengxie

Hi @yindengxie,
I’ve moved your post into a new topic as it may get better exposure.

When you redeem the code, it should be locked into your Microsoft/Xbox Account. Can’t you just leave it blank and sign-in using your Microsoft Xbox account?

Hi @Neo4316 “Can’t you just leave it blank and sign-in using your Microsoft Xbox account?”

Please you tell me how to sign-in using Microsoft Xbox account?"

THANKS!

You don’t sign in to your Microsoft Account on your Windows login?
I don’t have the DVD version so I don’t know the installation process there. But I would assume that the Serial key is only to be redeemed that will be claimed by your Microsoft XBox Account.

You can’t start the sim without being logged in to the Microsoft XBox account, so if you have claimed the serial key and assign it to your microsoft account, I would assume that if you install it again, you can just skip the Serial number entry, and just login with the Microsoft Account that you used to claim that serial number, and that should let you go in.

@Neo4316

Hi, Yes, I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my Windows login.
However, when I redeem the code and get the message: the redeem code has
existed. What should I do for the redeem the code?

THANKS!

@Neo4316

Hi, I re-install DVD on new Windows and enter the Step 3: Active MSFS code.
When I redeem the code and get the message: the redeem code has existed.
Without the Step 3, I can not enter Step 4: Load Software-Launcher.

Ahh okay, I thought you can just skip that redeem code. Can you check on your Microsoft Store? See if you can download the launcher from the microsoft store instead and point them towards the directory that you finish install the DVD version.

But again, this is just me guessing… I don’t have the DVD version myself, and I’m merely making guesses based on my experience with software as a service and online DRM.

@Neo4316
Yes, you are right! Skip Step 3 to enter Step 4: download the launcher from the microsoft store instead and point them towards the directory that you finish install the DVD version. But I do not know how to make it work.

I ran into problems reinstalling the DVD version after a clean Windows 10 install. The Authorisation code is a one time use code that has locked your copy of MSFS 2020 to your account so you do not need it just make sure you are logged in to your MS store account.

After reinstall I still could not get MSFS to run it would start but never show the splash screen. I contacted Aerosoft as was give the following link

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015999539-Stuck-on-the-blue-bar-TBM-loading-screen-loading-stops

This is the step that solved it for me

STUCK ON A BLACK SCREEN AFTER HITTING PLAY

If you are stuck on a black screen after clicking Play or Launch , skip the intro.

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. In the Windows search bar type Powershell

3. Select Run as administrator

4. In the pop-up window that appears, copy-paste the following command:

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

1. If prompted, authorize the program to run.

@Player532611505!

THANKS for your INOF.

When input “cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch”
I get error message: " Windows cannot find shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App ".

What is my problem?
THANKS!

It looks like either MSFS is not completely installed yet or you have installed it away from the default location in which case you need to modify the cmd.exe line to point exactly where you installed it.

It might be worth while trying removing MSFS completely from your system and try reinstalling again. Don’t feel bad . It was on my 3rd attempt to reinstall MSFS that I finally got it working

@Player532611505,
THANKS! I try it.

@Player532611505 ,

I installed DVD MSFS 20000 on default. Now I can not find the installed location
on my computer. Do you know which default location on the computer?
Windows 10

THANKS!

@Player532611505,

It seems that all files are in the following folder,
C:\Users\MSFS\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Official\OneStore

How to point it by cmd.exe line to point exactly?

THANKS!

Nope that’s not where the core sim is located it should be in

C:\Users\MSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

and if everything looks OK then try the following command in Powershell

“cmd.exe /C start
shell:C:\Users\MSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch”

@Player532611505,

THANKS for your help.

There is not the file in the folder, see above picture.

C:\Users\MSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

is not found the folder.

After installing finish, it tells me MSFS 2020 is installed sucessfully.

What is my problem?