Real airliners liveries on Xbox

Hi everyone,

do we Xbox users have chance that we will get some more real liveries for the airliners made by Asobo? Payware/freeware no matter at this point
Thank you

6 Likes

Hi and welcome!

I remember seeing a video where MS Flight Simulator head Jorg Neumann stated that the intent is to have the sim get as real as possible, including liveries. The fact is that MS/Asobo need to get explicit permission from each airline before they’re allowed to integrate the liveries in the game so this will take time.

The Dreamliner (at least on PC) already has a KLM livery, it was added with the world update covering France and the BeNeLux.

As you can imagine I have no clue when we will see more of them, but at least we know it’s in the works.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for warm welcome,

Yes KLM 78X is available on Xbox as well as S7 A320…guess there might be more to come with the world updates, like Lufthansa, Austrian or Swiss in the next WU during August.

So yes, I expect we just need to be patient, there are many things with a higher priority at this time.

Thanks again
Mike

1 Like

Unfortunately only the KLM liveries are included for the A320 and Boeing 787 by default but like you I am also still hoping for more. I was really surprised that they did not also include a KLM livery for the Boeing 747 as well since KLM was at one time on of the larger users of this aircraft, even if they no longer fly them. It would have been nice as a tribute for when the Boeing 747 was still being heavily used by airlines worldwide and would have added a third aircraft with a real airline livery to it. I used to also see a default AI aircraft occasionally at different airports that had a grey United Airlines livery on it but I haven’t seen it lately. Hopefully that means they might have a deal where they can add them as well in the future. They keep adding new things to the program so all that we can do is wait and see what they come up with. Hopefully they can add more real world aircraft like the KLM liveries in the future though.

1 Like

During several past Q&As, Jorg said that they were working on it. Some airlines were just not interested. Others never replied (bigger issues to deal with during the pandemic and plummeting tickets sales). Some would come in time, but they couldn’t make any promises.

The ones that are in there now like KLM came very recently with the France world update.

PC users have been waiting for it since launch. Now you Xbox pilots are joining the ranks of waiting as well. lol

On the plus side, PC users have the ability to use community-made liveries you unfortunately don’t have access to and never will on Xbox.

1 Like

On xbox custom liveries are also coming according to the roadmap the marketplace will become available to use for custom content made by the community such as liveries in which case xbox also get them.

They are coming. They are still working on licensing deals with airlines. I guess more eyeballs on their logos means airlines want more money but yeah, it’s in the works. MS can’t just put them up without a deal in place since they aren’t the image property owner.

These are for official real world liveries. Custom ones will only come if the dev submits them for distribution on the sim marketplace on Xbox. That will be the only way for custom mods on Xbox, and MS will not allow unlicensed material on the Xbox sim marketplace. There won’t be a way to load in your own community content that isn’t via sim marketplace.

Cheers

So we have real klm liveries on Xbox? Where are they exactly? Haven’t seen anything.

The 787 should come with a KLM livery.

1 Like

The B78X as part of the Premium bundle includes a KLM livery.

Edit: by bad sorry didn’t see this was answered

1 Like

I’d be willing to pay for livery pack if Asobo is worried about licensing and I’m sure many others would be too if it was reasonably priced. However, a better solution is the implementation of community marketplace for msfs on xbox.

2 Likes

Wait, is there a KLM livery for the 320 on Xbox???

Just on the Dreamliner brother

Dammit. If only they’d release it as a standalone instead of the premium edition only :disappointed:

Anyone know if the developer of this game is still working on getting real aircraft liveries from commercial plane companies in the near future. It’s so frustrating to only use the standard ones, when you only play this game on the Xbox.

The Boeing 777 added to the marketplace yesterday has real world liveries included, I’m tempted to buy it due to this.

1 Like

I highly recommend you read the reviews on the forum/YouTube first, it’s apparently a real stinker. Basically just a 777 skin pasted directly on top of the default 748. It displays as the 748 in the MCDU and even shows 4 engines in the MFD…

Bear in mind the CRJ500/700 is due for release in the near future (which also includes real liveries), one of the most detailed/accurate planes available for MSFS. I’m personally only waiting for that.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I’ll have a look at the comments and videos.

Please vote and comment here to keep it on their radar. Last update we had about official airline livery packs to install (like the aviators club ones) were that there are licensing issues at the moment.

So on Xbox since we have no other option we are just trying to keep attention on it that we want them lol. The more votes and comments to keep this alive the better - trying to make it a top wish:

Cheers!

I wonder how Sheremetovo airport Moscow by Drzewiki (can’t remember how to spell) designs managed to have Static aircraft with Aeroflot, Rossiya air, Turkish airlines and Lufthansa then?
It does give the sim so much more immersion seeing the tarmac lined with different airlines.

1 Like