Real world airline liveries absent from live traffic


ISSUE DESCRIPTION

On XboxS when traffic is set to live a variety of aircraft appear both on the ground and in the air. BUT there are no real life liveries, only Airbus/Boeing/Global etc:
I’m sure I recall during the launch that real world airline liveries would show up?

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Each time I fly with live traffic set

REPRODUCTION STEPS

Please list clear steps you took in order to help our test team reproduce the same issue:

  1. Fly using XboxS
    2.set traffic to live

[END OF FIRST USER REPORT]


:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
•

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
•

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
•

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
• yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
• same issue (ms-store). Very few real world liveries, 90% are Airbus or Boeing liveries
Air Taffic set to Ultra

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
•
KJFK
Most of Live traffic have generic Boeing/Airbus liveries:




Embraer

The only official liveries I was able to spot so far (at least in US zone):
Iberia


Condor

Republic Airways

Alaska

Aeromexico

KLM

Interestly, as I noted in this post…

…if you install third-party AI aircraft (AIG/FSLTL/FS Traffic), it does get rid of almost all generic liveries.

So the algorithm must be being too picky about substituting similar models/liveries.It actually does pretty well if you have a few dozen gigs of AI aircraft/liveries from third parties. But FS2024 was supposed to eliminate that need.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes
•

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
•

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
•

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
• Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
• 95% of all AI traffic has generic liveries
Additionally, nearly every small airport has its variety of AI heavy aircraft standing around, like B777 or A380.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
•

Same issue. Even with FSLTL on and Live Traffic off, I have one American, one United, and all the rest at the gates are Airbus and Boeing. This is at Xometry KMDT (Harrisburg, PA). A real immersion breaker.
Same when using Just Flight Traffic liveries.

Is it possible to use MSFS2024’s own live traffic but with FSLTL or AIG liveries / models? I would like to use it, but most of the planes are either blanc or Airbus / Boeing house liveries. That kinda destroys the immersion.

Use my tool to disable MSFS AI models and you are good to go with FSLTL and AIG models for real time online LIVE TRAFFIC: https://flightsim.to/file/94422/corsten-s-one-click-content-disabler-content-xml

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?
• Yes.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
• Brand new vanilla install, no add-ons, no community folder contents. When starting a free flight from YSSY or EHAM I’m only seeing default 737 liveries around me. Traffic set to “Realtime Online”. Microsoft Store edition running on RTX 3050 Ti, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 3.30Ghz, 24GB RAM, Windows 11 25H2.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
•

Considering the nature of this issue, I’m surprised it only had 22 votes before I added mine. I guess most people jump straight to an add-on to solve this problem, but it’s a problem that I’d still like to see solved so the sim matches more closely to what is being advertised.