Realistic Vapor / Condensation effects

I know these probably aren’t in the game because the devs are currently working on implementing them, but I just wanted to say that if we could see realistic vapor effects depending on the weather, like engine intake and wing condensation, wingtip vortices, and contrails, that would be absolutely wonderful. Also, plans to have realistic mist and snow getting kicked up from jet blast would be even better. I’m sure these will all be in the game in due time, but I just wanted to make this topic to make sure that it’s known that at least one user wants these lovely effects in the game.

2 Likes

Thanks @Benismobil! That is definitely one that the team is working on. I think they addressed it in the last Q&A, but I am having a hard time finding the exact spot. Here is a link for reference to that video stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/709153754?filter=archives&sort=time

4 Likes

The developers mentioned special effects such as contrails, etc. at around 35:32 during the Developer Q&A that @JuiceBox7535 linked above

3 Likes

Thanks @wuper0737!

1 Like

Thanks for that, just wanted to get my opinion out there. I doubt any of these things would be overlooked with how ambitious Jörg seems to be at trying to make the world as real to life as possible, and I say that he is a great man for having those goals. The best part is all the seeds are there, and all of these things are possible with enough time and development.

They are definitely ambitious! But the more attention stuff gets on the forum, the higher up on the list things tend to go. Looking forward to some water spray off the seaplanes!

2 Likes

That’s definitely something I was confused about, the lack of water spray and wakes for seaplanes. But if they’re trying to do it as realistically as possible, then I’m fine with them taking their time to refine it.

1 Like

Since they can do dynamic clouds they probably can do dynamic contrails too. If you’ve ever seen them up close in the first seconds they evolve behind an aircraft you know what I mean. This would be utterly amazing.

2 Likes

That is probably why they are not implemented yet, because they’re working on exactly that.

1 Like

A vote from me too. Really adds to immersion for the external views.

I watched a lot of videos but did not see one of the most important things in the flight simulator anywhere. Aircraft contrail. Is it in the game?

3 Likes

I believe effects like contrails are in the works. Hopefully we see them in the first patch.

3 Likes

Hope soo too!

1 Like

Definitely a want from me too. They look great in X-Plane 11.

Aren’t contrails only produced until certain atmospheric conditions? With so much weather simulated, it should be a “breeze” to add this feature if it isn’t there already.

Hello! I and probably many other aviators would really appreciate if contrails could be added to FS2020 which makes the simulation more realistic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey there @CaptainKpK! Hope you’re well.

The developers mentioned in their latest Twitch Q&A session that contrails and other FX are in the works and will be added soon.

4 Likes

I hope it goes further than just adding contrails. They need to behave correctly; staying for seconds or hours as required by conditions. Also changing shape according to conditions.

I wonder if contrails will be added before cirrus clouds?

6 Likes

I would really enjoy having vapour trails / contrails from the airliners. The sky just seems so empty from FL400. I think it would add a lot.

4 Likes

This is coming in one of the next patches.
Devs are working on the Particle Effects.

4 Likes