Realistic Vapor / Condensation effects

That’s great to hear, thanks!

2 Likes

What about over wing vapor? I know it’s dependent on humidity and more common on fighter jets pulling lots of G but I’ve seen it myself in airliners on takeoff and landing.

9 Likes

YES ! - right hand
YES ! - left hand
YES ! - right leg
YES ! - left leg
:smile:

The team are working on a new FX system module to implement, the current old one will be likely removed. Hence there is almost no FX yet.

Contrails!
Adiabatic condensation! (The picture above)
Wingtip vortex!

3 Likes

Surprised I haven’t seen much discussion about this. Would love to see these effects added to the sim.

ive noticed in the aircraftcfg files that it has wing vapour and wing tip vortices… is this coming with su6 like the landing effects came with su5?

I am looking forward to this, I hope they also add smoke for stunt planes.
But going further, we also need smoke from factories, smoke stacks. Especially in cooler temperatures.
Perhaps they could add in smoke /flames from forest fires :fire: would really be great if we could have firefighting aircraft both land and amphibious based with water and repellant release.

I just realized that we have a default F/A-18 with no vapor effects…:unamused:

Now with the F/A upgrade I think Asobo could implement it for more aircraft? Or maybe 3rd party devs?

Been in talks with a dev who’s gonna try out adding the vapor effects. Might go a little further than the FA-18 does too.

Would be great to have these effect on airliners :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello , i am a bit curious to know if Asobo is going to give us Wing Condensation ? Its a important immersive feature. will this ever happen ?

yes i think we should ask for better and more effects around all aircraft in general.

Lets have better tyre landing smoke
Lets have much better wet runway effects please. Just watch any plane taking off on youtube on a wet runway - thats what i want.
Lets have some better standing water on runways / taxiways (looks like xp12 nailed it nicely with this one)
Lets get some more engine smoke / exhaust effects / blowing the grass flat that sort of thing. I know there are many that could be included - such as that shimmer effect on a hot desert road, well you get that from pretty much any jet engine. how about getting the grass to at least react a bit to jet engines ?
Lets have some better in cockpit effects too, such as stronger sunglare, and dust floating around (lots of these effects are not expensive to incorporate btw - computationally)
Lets have some more interactive physics objects please, like other light planes being affected by a jet , they don’t even rock or move. its like physics is not allowed in certain parts of the game which is totally immersion breaking.
come on, more is better ! just include a graphics toggle so that people who like the sim as is can turn them off. / down whatever.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this for ages, in the beginning we had condensation and freezing, I dont really see these effects anymore?

Real-life example: (62) Jet engine Intake -Runway Vortex / Strake Vortex and Engine Condensation Mandela Effect. - YouTube

1 Like

I would love these features in flight sim as well! Is anyone currently working on this in the freeware or pay-ware world? I would be curious to follow along.

I know that now the Visual Effects SDK is available we can technically do something akin to what’s being asked for but it’s a lot of effects for users to be considering when I think this should be something that could be considered in the physics engine.

I know this was added to fighter jets etc any idea if its to be added to airliners??

1 Like

Engine Nacelle Strake vortex generator Condensation air Over wing and flaps

2 Likes