Really bad performance - low FPS and stuttering

Hi all, what you are describing is impacting hundreds of others (likely far more, I am only mentioning the # who have replied to the post below that is very popular and blew up after SU9 clearly caused a problem that is causing main thread limited induced studders and low fps in general). No solution in sight yet from MS/Asobo and so folks are doing all of the things you mentioned in this post and in the hundreds linked below, basically all doing the same thing which is to lower the load on the CPU by turning settings down or off which is a giant workaround as the core cause is not known yet. SU9 seemed to be where it started, and it was for me too. In my case I turned AI traffic from 50 down to 15 and that brought back much of the performance loss (CPU hammering stopped) but it’s still there a bit and I still have studders that weren’t there before. And I turned off multiplayer, live weather and did all of the other snake oil things that generally are quoted in the long post below to lower CPU intensive and internet intensive activities. Hundreds of users doing QA here are all pointing to something in SU9 that is hammering the CPU far more than before and Asobo has no answer as of now but they are investigating it.

4 Likes