Really Impressed with the Xbox Series X version

I find myself using thexbox more and more, I play a couple hours a day on PC because of all the content I have on it but later during the day or during community fly events I use the xbox because its so much more stable, and better graphics wise. Also for some reason the xbox version includes fixes that the pc doesnt have like water and land heights in certain area’s

I’m starting use it more as well… it really is an amazing platform for MSFS. Once I eventually get controller’s worked out it may be my preferred platform, minus VR on my PC.

I’m going to get the Xbox series x version. I will even buy series x for this simulation. I have a question ? Is there any FPS drop in series x? Will I experience FPS drops with the add-ons I will buy?

I dont really notice any FPS drops on the series x only when im somewhere with like 70 people or more in multiplayer then every now and then it slows down a bit. But I fly with everything at max full live traffic, multiplayer, full AI airport traffic, full AI cars and boats etc. And its smooth flying all around for me. In regards to addons, i havent seen any bad FPS drop with that either so far.

1 Like

How it used to be…

Thank you very much for the answer, I have one last question.How does the graphics look online and offline in series x? is there any difference? :slight_smile:

Nice that there’s a positive thread. I’m finding MSFS on s.X a revelation (though I have no PC comparison to make). Some 60 flight hours in this will be a long term joy. :blush:

1 Like

Depends on if you also install the offline part of the sim which can be installed seperate and that is only for Xbox not PC. If you install that then it still looks pretty ■■■■ good better then offline on PC. Online is the best though.

I too love this sim. !'m currently running it on an old 21" samsung monitor, using a 500mbs fibre connection. The only time I’ve been thrown into the offline mode is when I reconnect after a nights sleep, and within a 30seconds all is back running sweetly. My graphics are always superb, and by next week I should be running it on a 48" LG Oled at 4k (so I can’t wait for that!)

I’ve had a few crashes which I put down to fast key changes on the controller. This seems to confuse the Xbox, and I’ve had to revert to using a keyboard to escape out of it. So far I’ve clocked up 100+ hours with lots of use of the Flight Assistant. This has done some crazy things such as at one airport the aircraft constantly swerved and crashed into an airfield building, and with no reverse I got stuck several times until I tried another runway. The Flight Assistant also seems to be landing a few metres to the left of some runways and sometimes landing on the grass which causes swerving back across the runway.

The altitude problems are still with me and nagging Betty or Bobby wanting me to ascend to xx thousand feet even if I need to descend., but hey I’m still getting the best looking and detailed aircraft flying over the most detailed and wondrous landscapes I’ve ever encountered in a flight simulator on a PC/Mac or for that matter a domestic games console. MSFS Rocks!!!

3 Likes

Your nice comments got me excited again. I’m waiting like crazy to buy Xbox series x and use this simulation. I hope I don’t encounter any problems because I had a lot of questions in my mind. Xbox x e at pmdg If it comes it will be awesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.