Recent Airport History broken again - Not updating on World Map

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? Occasionally just for FPS limiter and to view console log

Brief description of the issue: Airport history not being recorded

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: Please see linked thread.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Do a few flights.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: 9600KF, 32GB, 2070S, NVMe.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: WU7 1.22.2.0

MODERATOR EDIT:
This issue was resolved with SU6. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-airport-history-not-updating-on-world-map/373761

If the issue is back, please report in this new topic.

I have tried this several times and cannot reproduce your issue.

I can confirm that airport history is also saving for me.

I’ve spent all day troubleshooting since updating to WU7 as I was getting CTD even in Safe Mode, have done over 10 load ins at 4 different airports and none of them saved in the recent list. I even made a quick direct GPS flight plan that did not make a difference.

Still getting CTD when panning the camera at low altitudes but seems to be more stable with HAGS off. I also used DDU and installed the new Nvidia drivers and tried with both GFE installed and not. I now have it installed but have overlay off. All other overlays are off (Discord, Steam, Xbox).

If there’s anything else you could suggest testing (other than a full reinstall) let me know because I’m out of ideas. Mods, no mods, safe mode - no difference. I even did a verify files with Steam which said no integrity issues and then MSFS decided to download 17GB of files anyway for no reason. Sim has been running pretty awesomely stable (even with mods) prior to WU7.

What does your windows Event View report?

0xc0000005 errors attributed to either FlightSimulator.exe, ucrtbase.dll, or nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll.

The Nvidia one is thinking maybe I should roll all the way back to 497.29, as both 511.17 and .23 seemed the same stability wise.

I believe the CTD issue is seperate to the Airport History issue though.

The airport recent list does not work for me either. It is populated by the first three airports and have been stagnant for months.

1 Like

Same for me.

Same. History not saved again. Also, the sims CTDs when closing down a lot at the moment. So when I select Quit to Desktop from the main menu. Wonder if that’s related.

It looks like it’s partially working again, but only when I load a .PLN file (from SimBrief). Selecting a departure airport or creating a route in the sim does not save the airports.

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic.

The World-Map is still showing me three random airports I never flew from (or to) instead of my recent airports. Has anyone found a solution? I can’t find anything.

Can we please please get this fixed? Or get “favorites” instead that we could pin to the top manually? Especially in VR, it adds extra trouble having to type the airport name.

Thank you.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
I have it on for the FPS counter, otherwise I don’t use it.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
I tried that, makes no difference.

Brief description of the issue:
See above

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Not relevant?

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Go to world map, choose departure and be shown three airports you’ve never heard of.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
not relevant, I think

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
It’s been going as far back as I can remember (bought the game on launch day).

Mine also stopped working after the latest sim update. I’m using PC Version from the Store. I am not using developer mode. I have not disabled any mods or addons, as this feature worked with them before and I haven’t added anything new. Sim does not save the last 3 airports visited. The same airport remains in the history flight after flight. i910850k z490 3080 32GB ram

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

intermittent issue, sometime my last used airports are shown in the history list sometimes not.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Example setting-up a new flight:

FROM list:

TO list:

Setting-up a flight using the 1st 2 airports from the recommended list. Click FLY

Leaving the flight, going back to the World map, the FROM & TO lists have not saved my last 2 airports used, exact same history lists:

Brief description of the issue:

History for SELECT ARRIVAL inside World Map is never saved

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Search for LIMC airport in World Map for SELECT ARRIVAL. The next time you use the search bar for SELECT ARRIVAL LIMC will not be present in the search history

System:

XBOX Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes!

This is not a new development for my system. It’s been probably a year. Also, it is not intermittent for me. Hasn’t changed at all, same 3 are displayed.

Not applicable.