Recommendations for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox

I’ve been playing Flight Simulator on Xbox Series X for a few weeks having come from years of earlier flight sims on PC. I’ve been playing with the controller and Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS One (coming from Saitek X52 and X56, the Thrusmaster is “OK” but not my favourite).

Its obvious that flying would be much easier adding a keyboard and mouse to my setup and I was wondering what folks reccomend? I’ve read that the Razer Turret isn’t a great choice due to lack of a numpad apart from anything else. Does anyone have recommendations for wireless keyboards that they’re used with Flight Simulator (on Xbox)?

Also, as that would need a USB port and I’m already using one for the HOTAS, are there any USB hubs that work well?

Thanks!

1 Like

Any keyboard and mouse will work, just as long as it’s not bluetooth (so either wired or USB Dongle). I used a Razer Black Widow V3 keyboard and Razer Mamba mouse.

2 Likes

If you need something not too expensive, I’ve been using the Logitech G613 keyboard & G604 mouse for a couple of weeks without any issues on my PC. Have a couple of the macro keys mapped for doing screenshots to make it a bit easier.

1 Like

I have Logitech Wireless Combo MK270

1 Like

It is very difficult to recommend this kind of material for the XBox, because there are still too many bugs currently in MSFS (and still not fixed by the SU6). For keyboards, I haven’t seen any negative feedback, but for mice, there are loads of bugs both wireless and wired. Take a look at:

Myself, I have a wired mouse which works very well, except when we add a short USB extender, which is to say how unstable the management of the mouse with MSFS on Xbox is.

The spirit of the Xbox “series” and the expectation of users is to have wireless peripherals, but some manufacturers obviously did not understand it! The ideal would be to have a wireless keyboard and mouse WITHOUT DONGLE, and of course, a wireless joystick. But currently, that does not exist.

1 Like

I have a Leadsail wireless KB & Optical Mouse combo through a wireless dongle into the front USB of the series X. Works great, but you will get the odd hang as described by @MetalVoice62520 above. It’s an ongoing issue esp. on the world map interface. Mouse and KB and Hotas is the way to go on the XBox for control and PC like experience though.

1 Like

Thank you all for the suggestions and advice, especially on the ongoing mouse issues with the Xbox. Good to know that almost any choice of (a full) keyboard and mouse seems to work, even if there are still issues in the sim itself.

3 Likes

If you do get a KB be sure to get a full one with a numpad. There are so many keyboard bindings to the numpad, from drone views, camera toggles to flaps.

2 Likes

Good advice, thank you!

1 Like

Hi,
Maybe the question have already been asked but I was wondering if it’s a common thing to experience mouse latency on Xbox series x. I use a low budget wired gaming mouse. Latency is almost of 0 in other games like CoD but really noticeable in FS2020. Any suggestions??