RegDesigns - CYYZ Toronto Pearson Intl' Airport

Make sure to announce here when the performance is fixed and you hit the marketplace.

Looking forward to this airport.

1 Like

I purchased this and it is absolutely worth it, but yes I am very much looking forward to the performance update

1 Like

2 1/2 months since release, and still no update to fix the performance issues except manually hacking in ugly low res textures. It’s a shame, because this looked like a really promising airport that turned out to be a waste of money since it causes fps to plummet into single digits for all but the top 2% of users that have GPUs with 12GB or more of VRAM.

It’s unfortunate, because this airport had so much potential. Had to settle with buying the FlyTampa version as well. It may be a bit outdated, but no performance issues with that one.

Gave up on it and got the FT version as well. Even with the low texture tweak it’s still unplayable.

So, I talked with RegDesigns on Discord after purchase to express my dissatisfaction over FPS hit and complete freezing my system. At the time I had a medium rig (i7-3770, 32GB, 1070 and Odyssey +). I was told my system didn’t even meet MSFS2020 minimum specs so of course their scenery wouldn’t work. Fair enough, but every other scenery does works on my rig. They obviously know their product needs to be optimized because they told me it’s the number one complaint and they are working on an update. So where is it? I don’t think that’s good customer service. Thumbs down!!

From my understanding in Discord the developer is a university student in Waterloo and works on it between studying and class.

Certainly not an excuse for the state of affairs, but speaks to the delays.

I have a fairly capable system - Ryzen 5950X, 64GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM, and a 2080. And I’m just limping when at YYZ with the RD scenery sometimes with single digit frame rates. It just requires way more VRAM than literally 99.8% of computers (according to Steam survey) have. It need optimizing. Their hacked low res graphics you have to hack in as a temporary fix look terrible. It need to be fixed.

Not to be an ■■■■■■■, but that sounds like a “them problem”. Their personal situation is of no interest to me. I could expect that to maybe delay things a bit. But it’s been 10 weeks and they’ve been rather silent about it outside of posting those excuses for not fixing it yet.

The contract here is simple. I give them my money, and they give me a working product. They’ve failed to deliver on their end of the deal. While I can understand that their school is of importance to them (and should be), it’s not my problem. I’m not the one that rushed a sorely unfinished project out the door to beat a competitor to the punch. That’s on them.

They tried to cash in by beating FlyTampa. They probably succeeded in making some decent money because of that, but in the long run, it left a bunch of people with a really sour taste in their mouth that will never buy their products again, even if they eventually fix CYYZ. And I’m one of them.

It’s a shame, because they’re obviously a talented bunch of guys and have what could potentially be one of, if not the best add-on airport I’ve seen to date. But their business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

1 Like

LOL, really they said that. Seems you have a higher than recommended system. i5 970 card.

1 Like

MSFS minimum is a 4th gen i5. He had a 3rd gen i7. The generation of the CPU is more important than the number of cores it has. It obviously ran, but probably was borderline.

2 Likes

Another month goes by, another month of silence from RegDesigns. No updates.

3 Likes

4 months later, complete silence from the team. No update to their broken product. Their Discord is dead with no replies. No sign of any updates on the horizon. Yet this broken product is still being sold on all 3rd party sites.

You still sure about your original statement?

4 Likes

LOL, apparently, I put a bit too much trust in the devs.

5 Likes

RegDesigns have finally broke their silence on their Discord server thankfully and an update is in the works

1 Like

Would be nice to be able to use what we paid for. But despite that, I won’t be buying any future products from them.

1 Like

At this point, I’m happy with the FlyTampa offering. Not interested in this running or not. It’s cut as a loss. It’s too bad, as they did my hometown airport CYKF and it’s really good. They should’ve stuck to the regional airports. Roman Designs is active again, that’s where my loot goes.

4 Likes

Hello there! Are there plans to release YYZ in the marketplace for XBox users? The original post says “CYYZ will also be available for PC and XBox” but it is still not there. Thank you!

This company folded (that’s a really polite way of saying what happened) if you google the name you’ll get the story.

Needless to say I doubt you’ll see any of their products updated or released anywhere else.

2 Likes

I had never heard of this dev till a few minutes ago. I thought we only had one choice of CYYZ (FT). Must admit, Reg’s looks more detailed, although FT’s is excellent. Be good to hear if anyone’s done a head-to-head comparison — the performance issues are probably less of a concern now, since we’re two years more advanced. Still, if a World/Sim Update were to break it, you’re a bit knackered.

A real shame, what happened. So much potential; can you imagine where these guys would be now? Right up there with Pyreegue and IniBuilds, would be my guess!

I have both, Reg designs is more up to date and better looking overall but horrible performance wise.

So bad that they released lesser qualities textures via their discord with promise of it being redone.

It folded before that happened.

FT posted an update that the dev is working on a major update.

1 Like

I failed to find out why they folded :thinking: