[Regression] Scenery BUG on multiple airports after AAU2 update

There seem to be again issues with big hills on airport after update. Unfortunately there is no category for that kind of bug. Affected Airport is LGAV, but as seen in previous updates there should be more.

Hi @Glubbfreund

Here is what I see at LGAV:

I don’t see any major issues. Can you answer these two things for me:

1.) Did you see this before the beta?
2.) Can you attach any screenshots?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you really sure? I attached the screenshots from lgav. Before and after the beta. After the beta there are new helicopter markings, and the mentioned hill. looks like a undocumented change to me…

Sorry for the screenshot order, I’m on my mobile phone and can’t change it a.t.m.

1 Like

Are you mentioning that it is fixed? Or is it still an issue?

That issue came with the new beta which should only change the two planes… so still an issue if I have the beta installed and gone if I uninstall it

I do not have any helipad markings on my end.

And no hill

I am kind of confused here-is this a regression? Are the helipad marking missing/hill present with the beta?

Do you have the latest AAU (beta) installed? Sorry if it’s unclear. The issue comes with the AAU (beta) and should be moved back there

I have AAU2 beta installed, which is why I tested this :slight_smile:

Apparently a moderator mentioned that the beta category is meant for the two aircraft only, but I can check.

Now I am confused, too. I thought its clearly the beta because it was gone after uninstalling and back after installing the beta gain

Hmm, I’ll talk with some other people who are in the beta and see if they can check :slight_smile: I’ll get back to you later!

1 Like

Do you have any airport addons/mods installed?

1 Like

No I don’t use airport addons because they lead to CTDs on Xbox

EDIT: Somebody on Xbox and can check LGAV in beta?

I have one. I can check later!

Thank you!

1 Like

Today I’ve tested beta and started with B787 on the LEMD airport. I noticed that the LOD issue is back. When I switched the camera to external view once parked in the gate, and zoomed out a bit, I could see that the ground textures transitioned from the high to the low resolution ones. I’m on Xbox Series X.

I think this should be in a separate thread because it has nothing to do with the terrain issue on LGAV.

Im reinstalling my sim right now, just to make sure it’s not an issue with my setup

EDIT: absolute fresh and barbone installation and the issue is still there (with joined beta). I have the helipads and the hills in LGAV.

EDIT2: I also do NOT have this issue on PC. 2 different builds? These helicopter can’t come out of nowhere:)

1 Like

Issue affects multiple airports on Xbox, also for example LPMT, OERK, UUEE and probably more. There are also new heliports there after the update. My Xbox can’t do this by itself and I have only aircraft addons. Could imagine that this change came to the Xbox build by accident.

Perhaps someone other Xbox user can quickly spawn on one of the airports (for example LGAV) and test this?

I’m on the AAU2 beta as well on Xbox Series X. I can’t comment on the base LGAV, as I have the marketplace version, and it’s working perfectly.

I did test the other airports that you mentioned, (LPMT, OERK, UUEE) and they all have rolling terrain (hills) where it should be flat.

RKSI is another airport that has a hill were the terminal should be.

1 Like

I can confirm this too, I remember this was fixed while ago because In SU10 if I not wrong this same issue appeared.
This happened to me in SAEZ

I’m using default scenery and photogrammetry OFF