Reinstall Help

I need help with an FS2020 re-install from the Microsoft Store. It seems to get stuck half way through and stop with the error code: 0x803FB107, “One or more items in this bundle didn’t install yet. We’ll keep trying. You can also try installing them from Downloads and updates.”

I do that and see the error

0x80073D05, “Something unexpected happened. Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and dry again or restart your device. That may help.”

Multiple restarts later, it hasn’t helped.

A lot of users have had to resort to using a free VPN to download the sim since the last update.
You could do a search here for “VPN”, and see if the info in those posts could help you!

1 Like

Thanks! That one hasn’t popped on up in my searches. I’ll check it out!

1 Like

No luck! I tried using a public VPN (ProtonVPN to be exact). The download seemed to go well (although more slowly than before) until it got about half way there. At that point it said “Checking Product Files” and paused the install. If I keep pushing buttons I’ll get the error 0x803FB107 again. I’m worried something got messed up in my uninstall that might be blocking the install.

Check two things:

1. Check Windows itself for any pending updates and process those.

2. Reset MS-Store app: (instructions taken from MS)

Press Windows key + R.

Type “wsreset.exe” and press Enter.

Check if it takes you to a store page which displays that the cache has been reset.

Now try to open the store app and check.

Interesting… that seems to have changed the order in which it tries to download things. Now it loads the Digital Ownership part first. The “Download Manager” says, “Downloading,” while the “Digital Ownership” says “Pending.” Maybe that’ll win out?

There is a license file step per the standard install approach. It should recognize your digital ownership of the sim as long as you’re actively logged into both MS-Store and XBox Gaming using the same account you purchased it with.

I started the download again, and it made it to 1.42MB on the Download Manager. It then said, “Checking Product Files” and began to download the “Digital Ownership.” After a short time, this returned the error 0x80073D12, and stopped.

All I can think of now is you may be missing the XBox Gaming App? It’s further down in this list:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-DLC-content-Microsoft-Store-

I tried doing it through the XBox app. It downloaded 100% of 1.4GB and then went to “ERROR 100%”

If I click on “See Error Details” it returns 0x80073d05.

I went to the “Get help with this” link and found that error code was not listed among the “Common Error Codes.” Darn… I was optimistic about that one.

This is what one of the moderators here suggested to do with this code.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-will-not-run/320942/11?u=thesevenflyer

Okay… I guess I’ll need to try reinstalling the store. Is there a link to how to do that?

Not much to it.

From Window10 “Apps and Features” find MS Store, click on it, and select uninstall.

Here is a link to redownload it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54768

The “Uninstall” button is ghosted. :confused:

Ok try this.
Start Powershell as administrator.
Copy and paste, or whatever, the below statement in the Powershell prompt and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

It did nothing.

1 Like

This command line may work a bit better.
It came from the Support section above.
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

I’m not sure that it made anything better.

well im in the same boat with you. cant reinstall.

:beers:

1 Like