[Release] Ant's Airplanes Drifter 582 Ultralight

It’s available on simMarket and direct from the developer.

So far I am impressed. It flies nicely, the 3D model is detailed and well textured. There is a demo/freeware version that lacks the extras but will give you a nice idea of what the full product is like. For $18 I think this is excellent value.

Link to the demo version:
https://antsairplanes.com/msfsfreeanddemos.html

13 Likes

Nice to see Ant releasing planes for MSFS. Hope this means his Tiger Moth will be coming too.

9 Likes

Sadly I have already bought an Ultra light that was abandoned a long time ago. I am not about to buy another one (although I want one) that could well be abandoned after SU8. Unless there is a guarantee from the dev that the plane will remain updated.

1 Like

WOOHOOOOOOO :DDD

I don’t care about the Drifter but if Ant brings it to MSFS it means probably that he’ll bring the Tiger Moth too :DDD Can SO not wait :smiley:

3 Likes

Could not agree more, the only reason I go back to FSX is to have is to fly Ant’s Tiger Moth.

1 Like

There are no guarantees in life, and we are talking about an $18 product here. I can’t imagine that the developer would abandon the aircraft at the next update, but I guess you could always shoot him an email and ask? In the meantime, there is always the free demo version, which is perfectly flyable, just without the bells and whistles.

The Tiger Moth in MSFS was superb. Fingers crossed for an MSFS version …

1 Like

It looks fantastic.
But for an ultralight like that I think I will stick to freeware :slight_smile:

Also really love the Tiger Moth. Used a converted FSX version in MSFS for a while. That’ll be an instant buy for me

1 Like

Just purchased it. I really like it. It trims exceptionally well and the model is superb, as are the sounds. I’ll be aliasing the sounds to the Aero-lite 103 from this one for sure. Well worth $18 bucks IMO.

3 Likes

I loved flying Ant’s Ultralight in P3D so I’m sure Ill be picking this up soon!

I’d love to see him bring another of his aircraft to MSFS: the Eaglet. That was - and I’m not joking here in the slightest - my most flown aircraft in FSX.

So I’m definitely picking up this Drifter in a minute :smiley:

in that other ‘dusty old man’s forum’ Anthony says the Tiger Moth is next…

see post #27 Ant’s Airplanes Drifter free demo/beta pre release - Page 2 (sim-outhouse.com)

4 Likes

It’s very nice that they provide a demo with limited functionality. I guess the Aircreation is being retired for the Demo.

REALLY looking forward to the Moth. It’s such an iconic aircraft.

Yep…the Tiger Moth will be a day one purchase for me too.

1 Like

When I saw this, I thought what everyone else was thinking: LOVE that Tiger Moth!!. Will certainly pick up the Drifter. But that TM, oh boy oh boy!

Awesome news!

And just add to the noise…,.Bring on the Tiger Moth……fantastic in P3D.
I am going to grab the Drifter …looks like a great viewing platform.

Ant has so many great planes for FSX, well modeled & researched, can’t wait for more to appear…
Winjeel? Tojan?

Never used any of Ant’s previous work but this is great!

My first ultralight as I felt you couldn’t really improve upon the stock ones - I was wrong. Really love the design of this and it handles great. Sideslipping to bleed off speed works really well on approach and the sounds are great.

Also this addon probably features the most detailed and fully functional radio I’ve seen in the sim. I’ve not used it properly as I need to read the manual but it is jam packed with features.

Looking forward to the Moth if this is anything to go by.

2 Likes

Anthony Lynch also made some very nice Australian airport scenery for FSX when he wasn’t building top flight aircrafts. FYI - Hopefully we’ll get to see some of that in MSFS as well

1 Like