[Release][Freeware] RandFailuresFS2020 - Generate random failures

Hello. I’ve created add-on that generates random failures

Detalis and download on GitHub

Prev1

With RandFailuresFS2020 you can randomize in-flight failures and check if you can detect them, handle them and survive. From minor panel or turbocharger failure to complete brakes or engine failures. You can try what would you do in case of

• Asymmetric flaps
  • Gear failure
  • Coolant leaks
  • and more

(left gear failure with successful landing)

Failure can occur in one of four moments (which you can turn on or off) :

• Instantly
  • On takeoff
  • After random set of secconds
  • At random altitide

Add-on is still in development. Please contact me if you have found bug. There will be more failures in future

Also not every failure will work with some aircrafts

28 Likes

What an awesome addon, I’m looking forward to checking this out and watching its progress. Thank you for creating it!

2 Likes

Thanks :smiley: I have few ideas which I hope I will be able to implement soon

1 Like

That really looks cool! Gotta try it out tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great addon. Always looking for something like this in FSX, as the built in one wasn’t very good. Will check it out, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you. Will try this now. I’ve been wanting something like this for a long time. Please keep working on it and keep adding more features :smiley:

I have few ideas:

• Nearly fatal failures for hardcore players, like rudder, elevator, ailerons failures (if possible, but I think I know how to do it)
  • some kind of non permanent failures, eg. random rudder failure if outside temperature is below random point and other condition related failures

And I think I have to rewatch Air Crash Investigation for more ideas :slight_smile:

Also I have other ideas but I have to do some research on how to do them

I hope I will be able to implement “Hardcore” update on this or next week. I have some technical issues which I’ve been trying to fix for a few days. I need to sort them out before I will be able to program anything. If parts will be delivered tomorrow I will release update this week. If not then I will get parts on thursday (because of 11.11 is Polish Independence Day, couriers aren’t working) and update will be in next week.
For few non permanent failures I need to test few things. So maybe this month

3 Likes

Cool app, but I don’t need a random failure add on - Asobo has that covered. :grinning: Random CTD, knobs stop working mid flight, CDU geeks out, plane rocks/dolphins with AP, etc. I never know what’s going to happen!

4 Likes

setting failures based on actual Mean Time Before Failure DAta for the airliners would be awesome.

1 Like

Just released 1.5.1 update. Added possibility for failure at random speed

About “hardcore” update… Turns out it is not possible. Joystick / yoke have higher priority than application and any rudder/elevator/aileron failure looks very strange… So sadly for now can’t implement that, maybe later if something pops into my head

Failures based on some sort of data means bigger application with database for a lot of aircrafts. It should contain possible failures for different aircrafts… That would not fit in RandFailures idea. Maybe different application, but I don’t plan doing that yet

2 Likes

New version on GitHub (v1.6). Changelog:

• Last configuration is saved and they are loaded when app is oppened
  • Few bug fixes
  • Changes in UI

Also there is new application: RandFailuresFS2020Stream for Twitch streamers. Failures can be activated via Twitch chat by typing commands and donating bits. For more informations please contact me via mail: kanaron125@gmail.com

1 Like

Looks awesome! Gonna try it out.

Thank you dev :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

New version on GitHub v1.6.1. Bug with sudden alt drop fixed

2 Likes

Thanks for the great utility. Do you plan to add also Slats failure?

I’m curious about how well the sim handles for instance a belly landing? Do you get the black screen telling that you’ve crashed or does it let you slide down the runway?

1 Like

I have a lot of failures in mind and I will keep adding them as long as SDK will allow me to add them

Belly landings are possible. I’ve made it few times. Landings without one gear are possible, without two gears are difficult but possible. I all depends on aircraft, sim settings, skills, weather, etc. If real aircraft would crash then of course I got black crash screen

3 Likes

I like the Idea but I don’t even know how to even start the programm.

This looks really cool! I sent you a PM.

I second this, a ratio based on percent of failure / hour flown. i.e. a 2% chance of engine failure in 500 hours of flight time.

1 Like