[Release][Freeware] RandFailuresFS2020 - Generate random failures

@afffe18
Everything is in “readme” and “help” tab if you have problem with starting failures. If you have problem with acually run program then you just have to unzip directory with program and run .exe file. If you have other problems then write them and I will help :slight_smile:

@UpliftChair7025
I was thinking recently about that and how to implement that. Maybe soon. I have few things to do before any other update but I will think about checkbox for “hour flown based percentage” and button to reset that. It will be however hours flown in any aircraft. Not separate for specyfic

@FlouryFan641629
Thanks I will replay soon

Merry Christmas :smiley: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

there is no .exe

Did you downloaded source code or release?
In source there is no .exe. Releases are on right side under “Releases” label
Or you can scroll down and in README there is “Installation manual” section. There is link that will take you to releases
Or you can get program from this site: https://flightsim.to/file/2272/randfailuresfs2020

Uff thx
it works :grin:

Great job on this application - can’t wait for a time when you can set it up (if you choose) to provide random failures (and random in the number of them), at random times (if at all), over an estimated lifetime of the aircraft (or an ownership period, if you will) - that way every flight has an element of the unknown, whether something will happen, what will happen, and flight after flight, just as in real life, you have the small, marginal voice that whispers ‘what if’ just as your wheel leave the runway . . . would change how we sim (if we chose this option) forever. Consequences and possibilities with every flight - good or bad luck, good or bad skills, good or bad aircraft. Just as rare as it can be, every flight we take in real life has the element of What If? in it and in our daily sim lives, it isn’t present. Adding this ultimate level of realism, no matter how rare (or often if you want to practice) would be amazing.

2 Likes

Yep this is what @UpliftChair7025 was referring to, and I’m glad that the amazing developer @Kanaron125 from Czech Republic…oops…I meant Poland (j/k…I think Kaneron still remembers :stuck_out_tongue: ) has promised that the feature will come to RandFailuresFS2020 at some point in future. Fingers crossed tightly! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Gary wont let me to forget about it
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

But yes, there will be this option, I have idea. I just need time :slight_smile: For now I have to sort out few problems related to university… But probably problems will end soon. I hope…

2 Likes

Wow, thanks so much for such a quick reply - it is going to fundamentally change simming - that we can set up a scenario in which our everyday flights pose similar risks as real world flights do - that there is not the guarantee that nothing will happen, that there are no consequences when flying, but rather, if chosen, one can face an unknown element, similar to real life. That unsafe practices, unsafe weather, poor maintenance (if ever a part of the sim) can cause problems. We will then truly be able to test our skills at troubleshooting, and put our knowledge of how to recover and what to do to save lives and property, without prior knowledge of what and when. Providing us a window of time that can last literally months and years makes the random unknown almost seem like the random unknowns any pilot or passenger faces, every flight they take. So excited and thanks again.

1 Like

Hello dev @Kanaron125

Hope you are doing fine :slight_smile:

I asked one of the developers Matt from Working Title the following question:

"Is there anything in the SDK that can be used to simulate the following scenerio with the WT CJ4: “pilot takes off. at 500 feet, his elevators, ailerons and trim no longer work. Now he needs to get down using differential thrust and may be rudders. I watched a youtube video of Steveo1Kinevo doing this at Flight Safety International”

He replied by saying: “Sure, you could use SimConnect to intercept and mask elevator, aileron, and trim controls”

Just thought it might be useful to you :slight_smile: Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks, a bit fine, but just a bit because of university… I hope everything will be all good soon :slight_smile:
This is very usefull :smiley: And this is exacly what I was trying to do in early development but I didnt succed. I will however try it again, maybe I missed something…
And thanks for mentioning trims… I dont know how but I completly forgot about trim failures :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you dev :slight_smile:

So new version 1.7 is out with trim failures :smiley:

2 Likes

And new version :smiley:
1.8 Hardcore update
Primary flight controls failure added

4 Likes

OOOOOOOOOO MMMMMM GGGGG I’m so sorry I’m so excited I might get banned out of this forum for spamming now OOOOOO MMMM GGGG I love you @Kanaron125 honorable DEVVVVVVV!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks, but try not to get banned :rofl:

Hi @Kanaron125

It looks like I found the Mod I really wanted :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll give a try now, so exciting… I won’t have a failure right away (set all failures possibilities at only randtime 5%) but it feels so cool that something bad could happen, also I’m digging for Wear/Tears!!!.. anyway thank you so much this app, I think you’ll get my encouragement soon in another way…
Hope you’re still working on it, I see that this forum haven’t been active since 22 days!

Thank you for your inspiration Captain! :ok_hand: :airplane: :fire: :fire_extinguisher:

2 Likes

This looks like fun, thanks

1 Like

Of course Im working on it :slight_smile: Progress is a bit slow because of massive problems at university but I sorted them out… Most of them…

Right now I need to clean up code before I will add anything. I will have to do something with UI also. I think its getting a bit messy and not intuitive. And I run out of space at Options tab to add few things :rofl:

2 Likes

Yesterday I thought a mod like this would be fantastic.

Thank you very much for the job!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey, hope things are better at uni now. Are you still supporting this mod?

1 Like