RELEASE: MilViz Corsair for MSFS

Milviz MSFS Pipeline rn according to the stream (updating as it goes):
Turbo Beaver
Cessna 310
F-4 Phantom (no specifics on the model)
ATR-42/72
F-100 Super Sabre (they were very adamant that this would definitely be coming back)
F6F Hellcat
A-1 Skyraider
B55 Baron
F-86 sabre
T-38A (verified in chat)

“all our stuff” (mentioned in chat)

(Stream is Concluded Now)

3 Likes

Yea but if you listened that’s not what was supposed to happen. One of the dev’s was supposed to fly and run the stream but ran into last minute PC issues where he couldn’t get the stream set up, so the boss of the company, who obviously doesn’t play flight sims jumped in at the 11th hour to fly. Wasn’t planned like that.

1 Like

Came a few minutes late and didn’t hear that. Thanks. Was painful nonetheless :smiley:

Some folks were wondering if there was going to be realistic engine management. Having not flown a real FG-1D I can’t say for sure if this is 100% authentic, but I can confirm that running with the throttle at the firewall for a long period has consequences. :slight_smile:

Really nice plane. If you thought the Spitfire and Waco were handfuls on the ground, consider them training for your Marine piloting duties.

5 Likes

Some “period” photos. BTW, read the placard in the cockpit that outlines takeoff settings (like locking the tailwheel, and trim, etc,). Makes handling a lot tamer on the ground. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to know if we can set the default to be wings folded on start-up.

Havn’t seen it as an option in the manual.

Been flying it around for an hour or so now and initial thoughts are good , although I genuinely did wonder what I was letting myself in for following the stream, sat here thinking ‘Am I just giving $40 away to some complete loonie?’ :grimacing:

Anyway, a few things:

I’ve flown mainly in VR , but did fly non VR for some screen shots. VR performance was very good for me, really immersive cockpit, real depth of field looking down below the rudder pedals and up around the cockpit. Did a landing with the canopy back and my head out the side window a bit as can’t see **** with that long nose :smile:

The cockpit seems big to me , kind of feels/looks like it’s wide enough you could stretch your elbows out fully to the sides and then touch the canopy. Certainly not Cessna 152/172 cramped. The gunsight HUD glass is a nightmare in VR , really wish there was an option to have it (and the gunsight itself) on and off (removed). The glass has a really nice effect in normal 2D where it slightly refracts the view through the glass, but in VR it just feels like it’s too much and becomes really distracting. Minor stuff though as overall a good thumbs up on the VR front.

The sound is really well done , sounds for external, internal cockpit closed and cockpit open are noticeably different. All the usual clicks and squeaks and stuff and that engine is loud!

I’m not into pixel peeping and zooming in full whack checking textures, but the cockpit ones do a decent enough job. I’ll leave others to comment on that because it’s such a subjective subject as the Just Flight Piper thread is showing.

Taking off is entertaining :face_with_raised_eyebrow: LOCKING THE TAILWHEEL is not optional, otherwise you are taking a rapid left turn off the tarmac as a passenger :rofl: Just like the Spitfire, once you get the sweet spot and timing for getting that rudder input in then the tail lifts up then you’re off. Wide runway optional but recommended to start with. Landing is challenging due to the view , or lack of it, but trimmed up with the gear and flaps down it was well behaved.

External textures and the model look pretty spot on to me, although did notice a couple of glitches. The VF32 Lt Thomas Hudner livery didn’t show up on the aircraft in the sim, and the VF653 livery No Step markings nearest to the cockpit are back to front on both sides :thinking:

Flies well enough but no idea how accurate it is. Will dig out some of the performance info tomorrow and do a few tests in that regard. Very nimble as you’d expect for a warbird like this. It’s well behaved once trimmed up although it also has that raw vintage military feel to it. No bells and whistles, it’s a honking great big engine with guns strapped to it and you’re along for the ride.

I can see myself flying it a lot as it’s fun, has a pretty good level of complexity about it and needs some management, but it will bite you in the ■■■■ if you let it. Yeah I’m happy with it. Can’t compare it to the FI Spitfire mind as don’t own it.

7 Likes

MV did a heckin job on her. Just bananas
I loved tinkering w the Spit but this is that x10. In depth is an understatement.
And yeah if you push her too hard she’ll bite you in the ace

6 Likes

This plane is incredible. From the visuals, to the sounds, to how it flies, it oozes character.

2 Likes

Nice, looking good guys. I’ve yet to buy it (or any addon so far). From what I can see it’s only available on the Milviz store? I don’t want to have my addons be from a cacophony of different stores, just sounds like a pain to keep track of for updating purposes and I barely get on to fly as it is. Dealt with that with XP11 and don’t want to again.

I was hoping I could use 2 stores max and leave it at that…

1. MSFS Marketplace for Civilian Aircraft/Addons, since the updates/management will all be in one place and tied to one acct. (yeah, IK the updates are delayed. Doesnt bother me tbh)

2. Some other, more general purpose, Online Store (not sure which, maybe simmarket) for all my Combat Aircraft/Addons. Because asobo/microsoft wont allow weapons on their combat aircraft in their store due to ESRB rating. One day VRS TacPack will come out for MSFS, and I’d like to have non-neutered warplanes so I can take advantage of it.

Idk

1 Like

Love this aircraft. But the quickview don’t work the right way. The view stays (left/right/45°/90°/120°) when you release the POV switch. Does anybody know how we can fix that?

1 Like

This plane will be available in the MSFS marketplace, as per what Milviz have said on their live stream yesterday. You have to wait a little that’s all. As for stores, my personal suggestion (and not advice) is to just stick to the in-sim MSFS store, and things will be way easier to manage that way. I agree with you that it’s difficult to manage several stores. Heck I actually forgot that I bought X or Y addon from someone years ago. Having a singular market solves this issue. I’m not telling people to choose one store over the other. I’m just saying that I personally find it easier to stick with one marketplace only, regardless of who owns it.

Have no idea or info on this, but it’s really simple. If combat mechanisms don’t come to MSFS eventually, then my money is going to someone else when it comes to combat aviation, and I think you know who it is, and they take the flight simulation part about 20 times more seriously than Microsoft ever did. :wink:

Good news is Milviz said yesterday on their live stream that they are already in talks with the VRS guys about making this possible in MSFS. Matter of fact, you can watch the whole stream here: Twitch

This information is incorrect. MV never said that we were in talks with VRS for anything.

WE WANT them to as well… (that was the meaning…)

Please… PLEASE don’t think that we have ANY sway with VRS… we don’t.

2 Likes

And yeah… D’Andre’s computer DIED ten minutes before the stream so… I had to do it…

I do NOT know how to fly… nope. Not a bit of it. So it was a bit of a mess…

Apologies…

C

5 Likes

Yes they did. Scroll up and look at the thread. I asked them directly in the stream chat.

Well, as the owner of the company, let me set the record straight:

MV is not, repeat NOT, in talks with VRS about MSFS at all about anything.

That said, we have ASKED… but … no answer on that.

Like everyone else who’d like to drop stuff and shoot stuff… we’d LOVE them to come in and play… but, again, MS/Asobo are not, repeat NOT, allowing weapons of any kind in the sim. Not sure how that would play out.

3 Likes

Scroll up please and look at the thread history please.

I’m aware that it’ll be on the MSFS marketplace. I was the one that pinned the stream info to this thread and was the one that asked them the question abt when it would come to the markeplace.

As for your second paragraph, you’re missing the point. I was ALSO the one that asked about VRS integration in the stream. I’m aware how this stuff works. I’m not expecting asobo/msft to model combat systems. If you read what I said, I mentioned that they have a restriction on weapons in their store. (The G-91 for example doesnt come with its weapons in the markeplace for ESRB reasons. But is has them if you buy it from anywhere else, despite the fact that they cant currently be used)

proof:
FireShot Capture 371 - MilvizOfficial - Twitch - www.twitch.tv
they responded in voice in the stream
FireShot Capture 370 - MilvizOfficial - Twitch - www.twitch.tv

1 Like

repeat… again… We are not in communication with VRS about MSFS or, in fact, about anything at all.

We, like many others, ask… and ask… but we do not always get an answer.

Sorry but, them’s the facts…

2 Likes

you see how someone could get the wrong idea right?
FireShot Capture 363 - MilvizOfficial - Twitch - www.twitch.tv

1 Like

Well… that person has now been fired.

Kidding. Seriously though… it’s not true other than, yes, we ASKED… but no answer.

So… maybe that’s “talking…”?

5 Likes