Release: MilViz Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter

So yeah. Two questions.

1. As someone asked before, how is aileron trim adjusted other than hardware binding?

2. I can’t for the life of me figure out how you can supposedly remove external covers (static elements) from the outside view instead of unchecking then in the EFB. Is anyone able to do that?

With Axis and Ohs this is possible… streamdeck or buttons or keys

You do it from inside the cockpit.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the beautiful PC-6. I have been hoping for a Pilatus Porter for MSFS2020 for a long time. It is very well made.
I noticed that the propeller is not quite the 4-blade Hartzell original which was last installed. Also the type of shock absorber I have not seen before. Of course only small details but maybe this can still be adapted for the Stage 2 version?

1 Like

Hi all

Somebody know if is it possible to assign buttons to the condition lever.

Thx for your answers

Tak można. Mieszanka !!

Yes you can. Blend !!

Can anyone confirm if the PT-6 is modeled well? Looks incredible and it seems she flies right by the feedback - would just like to know if you need to look after the engine or if it is the default MSFS ‘full throttle to orbit’ turboprop.

I have not gotten the engine to get over the torque redline, but I managed to get the oil temp too high by closing the oil cooler. The engine kept running fine.

1 Like

Simply an amazing add on, I spent 16 hours flying 1 hour mountain bush trips over the weekend, trying and failing to get off my butt and do some chores, I couldn’t stop convincing myself ‘just one more flight’

I sympathize with the guys who can’t get it running, It took me two days to figure out I needed to shut down my anti-virus I was really mad, but it’s worth the wait IMO.

1 Like

So, I’m assuming based on this, there will be no amphibian version?

I had a lol with the Airplane Heaven C140, put down the gear and landed on the runway a little crunchingly, no landing gear on the float version of that plane.

For what it’s worth, I prefer the amphib version, as there aren’t many water airports of any quality, nowhere to start cold and dark when you do start on a water airport etc, but hopefully MS/ASOBO improve this

1 Like

Can anybody shed some light on recommended power/rpm settings for climb, cruise etc?
I could not find anything in the Milviz manual or in the Pilatus POH.

1 Like

I would be curious too, as of now nothing is redlining so I am keeping condition lever all the way up, same with prop lever and during cruise even the power lever. I don’t know if that’s correct and would be interested in some guidance on that the manual doesn’t provide. Main thing is I am just watching that nothing is in red.

Apologize m’y dumbness , After starting cold and dark , m’y plane accelerate very slowly making it impossible to takeoff , Anyone with same problem?

I haven’t flown the Porter yet (waiting till it shows up on the marketplace). Are you saying that the standard technique of letting the tail come up is not possible in MSFS? Why not, what prevents it? Does the tail not come up as you put the stick to neutral? How about if you push the stick slightly forward or apply a bit of toe breaks? Genuinely curious, haven’t flown tail draggers yet in the sim… I think that would be a big bummer for the flight model…

So … the sim in general has issues with takeoff roll, cross wind on takeoff and the transition from take-off roll to flight when you rotate. In particular lateral control is poor and you often run out of rudder authority even at reasonable speed and throttle settings. This is mitigated in tricycle aircraft by nose up trim and in tail draggers by keeping the tail wheel planted as long as possible.

Some aircraft are better or worse than others. For example the Aeroplane Heaven tail draggers (c140 and mk1a Spitfire) are actually really good in take-off and landing whereas things like the Carenado Waco are monsters. So, it is a generic sim issues, but some developers have worked around it.

2 Likes

Personal choice. It never ceases to amaze me how many people (just like in the real world with vaccines) need to loudly announce their personal preferences.

If you do not like the DRM buy the other version of the PC6 when it comes out or get the Marketplace version.

However unless you have any factual useful information (as opposed to conjecture) about the Milviz DRM and how it functions there is no need to announce your personal here though. The DRM preventing you from installing is worth us knowing about, your personal decision to not buy the product is not useful information for the rest of us.

It is becoming almost impossible to get any real information about the addon.

2 Likes

Please stop making this thread about DRMs or the mods will lock this one, too.

1 Like

I don’t know. (I haven’t bought a single add-on for MSFS and I’m not planning to do so).
I was referring to the fact that MSFS has a friction and a torque simulation problem.
As soon as the tailwheel lifts from the runway, e.g. the Pitts immediately and violently yaws to the left.
If you kept the stick back you can keep the tailwheel on the ground until you have reached a higher speed with a higher rudder authority. You wouldn’t do that IRL!

3 Likes

Not all aircraft do this excessively the c140 is fine for example.

But it is fair to say most do it.

1 Like