Release notes 1.10.7.0: community folder location to change?

Hi all,
what does this mean:
Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.
So in case of problems the folder shall be moved…? Realy? Can anyone advise please.
Regards, Werner

Exactly that: Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching
This folder contains any addons you might have put there.

1 Like

Hi thanks. So, the sim creates a new folder after relaunched at origin position…? I got the boxed version.

Not sure about boxed version, sorry.
Mine is like this:

The community folder content should not change with the update, but some of the content you might had added yourself (like aircraft mods, aircraft repaints, scenery etc) might be incompatible with the updated MSFS. Hence the message.

Just copy all your community folder content to a safe location. Then delete them from the community folder. Then fire up MSFS and update any necessary files in content manager. Have a quick flight to confrim MSFS is working with no mods.

Then you can copy your mods back to the community folder from their safe location. I do this in small batches so I can troubleshoot any problems. For instance I was using an older version of the G36 improvement mod and this prevented me from accessing the content manager. Removing the old mod cured the problem. Updating to a newer version of the mod allowed me to use the G36 mod and access content manager.

1 Like

Thank you BilingualHarp7,
now its clear for me.
Regards, Werner

“Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from … long loading times.”

This is quite confusing: dowload started here as before (on C drive) then stopped after 24 GB. Following the info here above, I changed the community folder to the D drive. Download restarted… 95.44 GB ! Without info about the possibility to delete the content of the old community on C and and/or the new one on D after checking the game is OK. Is it just a temporary folder if I don’t use any unofficial add-ons? Please advise. Thanks.