Release: Working Title G1000 v0.3 - updated to v0.3.5 on 14 Apr!

Haha. Some of the underlying logic for this was already included by Asobo in the sim and was already in use with the airliners. And their original code references heading, for example:

if (this.bRotateWithAirplane && !this.isDisplayingWeatherRadar()) {
    var compass = SimVar.GetSimVarValue("PLANE HEADING DEGREES TRUE", "degree")   
    var roundedCompass = fastToFixed(compass, 3);
    transform = "rotate(" + -roundedCompass + "deg)";
}

We just made more stuff use that. But I suppose you are technically correct ā€“ which as we all know is the best kind of correct. It is indeed heading-up, not track-up. This is something we can make more canonically correct since it is, indeed, correct. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We just released the new version of the G36 mod! Lots of improved and new features and to be used exclusively with the G1000 mod!

3 Likes

how do i brighten up the display in the g36 nvm im an idiot

2 Likes

Iā€™m having an issue where none of my screens show any display. This is in conjunction with the G36 mod v5 release. Iā€™m fairly certain the avionics are live, as I can contact ATC through the sim dropdown menu. Only things in my Community folder are these mods, as any liveries are still out from yesterdayā€™s patch. I had no issue running the G1000 mod v2 prior to the patch, and have made no changes in my sim since the patch.

When I put the G1000 file in my community folder, I am told the file names(s) would be too long for the destination folder.
AttitudeIndicator
It also errors with another file

Did you try removing the mods and see if the base game works for you? Then just add the G1000 mod and see if it works. Then youā€™ll know which mod might cause the issue.

Also I guess you checked the brightness of your displays already?

Is there a difference if you start cold&dark and start everything up manually?
Does it happen if you fly without any other traffic?

You have to help here on the troubleshooting since seemingly most people are not affected by this issue.

1 Like

TY for the shoutout :wink:

Gonna release the next version that uses the g1000 v2 tomorrow

2 Likes

Indeed, Iā€™m the only one I found with this issue, so I knew it was on my end. Was off trying a few things, and traced the issue to a Windows update this morning that seemingly killed my ability to add either mod correctly to the Community folder due to a Path Too Long error. Changing the registry for LongPathEnabled (or whatever that tag was called) didnā€™t work, presumably because I have MSFS on an external SSD, so I had to move the mods over to the Community folder with Powershell, which worked. Everything is working well now, both mods are remarkable!

Now to research why Windows is trying to give me gray hair before my timeā€¦

I only have the C152 realism mod and G36 mod installed. When I try to install the G1000 V3, I get these two errors messages:

Capture

Capture2

The Powershell thing, sure. Just follow the instructions on this webpage: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/how-to-fix-filename-is-too-long-issue-in-windows/
I extracted the modā€™s zip to a folder on the same drive as my sim install, then opened up both that location and the Community folder in Windows Explorer, so I could easily copy the long folder location into Powershell, and I could see the folder arrive in the Community folder and check it right away for completeness.

In my case, in Powershell I navigated to where I put the unzipped mod, E:\MSFS_addons. Then typed ā€œCopy-Item workingtitle-g1000 -Destination E:\WpSystem\ (etc etc, etc) \Community -Recurseā€ (no quotations in powershell, though).

The registry thing, which didnā€™t work for me (not really sure why): https://lifehacker.com/windows-10-allows-file-names-longer-than-260-characters-1785201032

See my post above Picka, sounds like you have a similar problem. I assume you installed to a different drive like I did but only specified a drive letter, not a folder. Makes for a ridiculously long location chain. Iā€™m contemplating a fresh install, but I really donā€™t want toā€¦

Registry hack to solve the too long filenames in Win10ā€¦back up your registry firstā€¦

How to back up win10 registryā€¦

Yep, been to that site. That registry fix did nothing, had the same results as before.

Thanks a lot for this! great job! G1000 looks and feels way better now

Awesome thank you. Gonna give this one a go.

I noted this too.

Just go to C:User/AppData/Local/Packages/microsoft.fligh(and a giant name)/Localcache/packages and will be able to paste or extract. if you use shorter patch of some other disk will get this error in some files, or just hack the registry

just paste direct in app data folder. patch above

If i have this mod installed i lose the synthetic vision that comes in the standard King Air. I end up with the brown/blue synthetic vision off look of the g1000. i canā€™t find any way to turn synthetic vision back on through any menus in the king air, as i wouldnā€™t expect there to be since this is a g1000 mod.

thoughts?