[RELEASED] Aeroplane Heaven Cessna C-140

Good question! I bought from AH… :slight_smile:

We probably don’t, I guess.

My fuel gauges show wrong fuel quantity. Is this known?

I started with full fuel and was 25 minutes into my flight in this video. Upper left the fuelquantity shown is plausible, the gauges are wrong of course.

I then switched back and forth between left and right fuel tanks and this is the state after landing then. Also wrong.

1 Like

Nice landing. Do you have pedals? My “twist” rudder on the joystick I have - even with adjusted sensitivity and custom response curves - is much more twitchy, especially when landing a taildragger.

Yes, I use the Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

1 Like

We cannot connect Nav Lights to the Aircraft ! The 140 was purchased through Orbyx and so far there’s been no further up date to remedy these floating Nav Lights.

Apart from this it’s a superb little machine.

4 Likes

Just got a chance to fly the pattern (morning, no-wind conditions) for a few circuits at my “home” airstrip, KPRB. (Even though the ground/airport model isn’t right, at least the runways are familiar!)

This is the nicest taildragger in MSFS so far. The view from the pilot’s seat actually allows a decent perspective from which to judge your AOA at landing. The landing and rollout are - by far - the most controllable I’ve had in any taildragger flown in the sim to date. Is this true to life? I don’t know… I have no tailwheel time in my logbook. Regardless, this is a very nice model and quite fun to fly. I feel “at home” in the cockpit. The General Electric radio looks fabulous; you can almost smell the Bakelite! The entire “feel” is like a fifties-era diner. I’ll have a lot of fun with this one, flying at low altitude, sight seeing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has been fixed as of 1.2.1, so should be available shortly.

Nice photos (as always) and I agree wholeheartedly: it is a superb little machine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My battery drain out after about 40 minutes flying, engine died and I had to make an emergency landing, the ammeter still not work, and nav lights can only be coupled with toggle command, not with an on/off button, I use the latest 1.2.1 patch, otherwise I love this aircraft.

This is a really, really fun aircraft. I’m having a blast putting around 1,000 AGL at 100 knots or so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Precisely what I use it for - see video below …

Sure there are still a few glitches to be fixed but it its only been out for a bit over a week and it is great fun and easier to land then some tricycle aircraft, mainly due to being so slow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That has been my experience as well; the best taildragger so far and one of the best cockpit views as a bonus. It makes pattern work so pleasant! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like going from the Birddog to the 140 to the 170 to the 172 - three different developers working out the earliest iterations of what has become one of the most ubiquitous airplanes in civil aviation… hoping Carenado will add floats to the 170 after the next SU

2 Likes

Turning the 140 into a 120 would be just a matter of removing the flaps and mixture vernier (sure you could just not use flaps and mixture but where is the fun in that). Hopefully AH will do that one day :smiley:

3 Likes

I know right - but it’s interesting that in the very early period of MSFS the high wing Cessna mainstay is getting so much love…and arguably given how many were built and are still flying today right down the line, I guess it’s fitting?

2 Likes

There are plenty more to explore. The c145 and c165 Airmasters for example:

4 Likes

exactly - just out of Wichita Kansas the catalog is immense

Having a Great time with this little Gem !

The loving care and attention that AH has given to detailing this C 140 is very evident on close examination and the Panels, screws and Riveting are realistically rendered even down to reinforcement collars on the Struts. The Aircraft has just the right amount of wear and tear on the Air frame but ‘somebody’ really needs to take more care with the Wing Tip paintwork when putting her away in the Hanger.
A truly lovely job of work.
We can’t wait to see the DC 3 if this is a just a taste of what’s to come.

5 Likes

any plans to integrate the GTN750 ? thanks