[RELEASED] Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mk1

I’ll probably buy the Mk V too when it comes out. They are all different enough to justify the purchase IMHO.

1 Like

Im really enjoying this, few textures in the cockpit here n there need some serious TLC (like the silver things above the flaps switch), but its beautiful to look at and fly.

I noticed odd sounds with engine start up, also noticed there were no sounds coming from other simmer using the same aircraft.

Like others, noticed issues with the fuel pressure level (mentioned in start up, but does not function)

Likewise noticed when in a dive, the engine sounds go way high pitch and sound very odd.

Also noticed the climb/decent instrument gets stuck, actually, all the instruments get stuck… and stop working. Event switching the the Garmin wont load it either. (this is a big issue).

We a little fixes, this will be “great”

tl;dr, bugs found:

• Odd sound when in a dive
  • No sound coming from multiplayer simmers
  • Engine startup sound cuts randomly then kicks in
  • Starting / stopping engine when outside, there is no sound
  • Textures are a little low res in cockpit (but thats nit picking)
  • Sometimes it starts with a internal light on which the dial does not match so have to turn off
  • Manual typo “it is important to remember to prime (55)” — 55 is the emergency landing gear lever
  • Low res audio? in cockpit always sounds hissy / low bit rate, possibly ATC? (this is env sounds, guessing wind/air?)
  • There is an odd 3d mesh/model very far left (from inside cockpit) on the door, noticeable when zoomed out slightly and opening and closing it
  • Temps are too slow at coming up
  • Cannot turn generator on when using QV restored livery
  • Tail wheel is locked to position of the rudder, is this true to life, should it not coast?
  • When flaps get lowered, there is no instant nose dive, just slow down in airspeed.
  • ATC does not know what type this aircraft is, "Type … " FI Spitfire says “supermarine spitfire”
  • In cockpit, left hand glass panel does not meet fuselage correctly, there is a small gap you can see through (on the curve)
  • Rudder pedals are inverted — (i think?)
5 Likes

I’m interested …but does anyone know where I can see a picture of what the “modern” avionics looks like. Strangely, it does not appear on the product page nor in any of the reviews I have seen.

I’ll see if I can get a Bazzar to share a screenshot. It’s early morning right now for him, so it may be a bit before I hear back.

I watched a video earlier and that high pitch sound in a dive was really off-putting. I have the other spitfire and was really looking forward to this one.

Think I’ll wait till some of the issues have been ironed out.

If I purchase this aircraft from ORBX or the official website, do I have access to the flight_model and engines files ?
Thank you

I have the flying Iron spitty. Would love to know which is superior from those that can compare them both.

They are both very different MK’s, its like comparing a Fiat Panda to a Ferrari i’m afraid (performance wise)

Regarding the prop, didn’t MK1s only have a two-speed prop instead of a constant speed? That’s how the A2A Spit was and according to Wikipedia as well. That would make sense why the prop would spool up in a dive.

OK. Understand but can you advise on the quality of simulation. Is there anything to be gained in purchasing a second Spitfire, if I’m happy with the Flying Iron one? Just don’t want to waste money.

1 Like

Id personally wait until these bugs and things are fixed until getting, if you are a spitfire lover like myself then sure, dive right in, but FI one is great, they both perform and act and require different ways of flying. But personally, id wait until issues are sorted, to still feels like an early access build.

That being said, if you want a very detailed exterior model of a Spit that looks insanely beautiful, then this is the one.

2 Likes

This is from the free manual on the website. Click the Downloads link on the product page, then the Manual link. Credit to Bazzar for pointing the way!

1 Like

I own it from ORBX, it will be the same from any provider, but yes, its just like any other aircraft, you can open the config files :-), as its just another object you put into the community folder.

From the MS Marketplace, it’s not possible, that’s why I asked
Thank you

There does seem to be an electrical oddity, somewhat akin to the battery going flat in the c140 but it may just be me messing up with the alternator settings. The voltmeter sits on 6 volt but this plane probably had 6 volt electrics.

EDIT: The fuel lever works by hold left button and then tapping right button once for carb, tap a second time for engine.

Interestingly the original Spitfire manual provided states never prime in the carb position and goes on to say that the primer and fuel lever may be absent as they were removed from later versions of the aircraft ?

Spitfires were prone to stack fires maybe over priming was contributing to that and they modified later engines to avoid the need for priming ?

1 Like

well, what can i say, just don’t watch any screenshot or and video, nothing will told you how good it is, just buy it right now… if you perfectionist and you can not live with little flickering side window, well just wait new version, think it will fixed as this noticeable very well… but everything else… read above, i just can’t say how beauty she is, and video and pictures and poems or arts don’t…

be sure you start generator, i almost sure you does, and for some switchers need some trick, for high altitude fuel pressure change under cutoff ring, you have to press left mouse button then click right, for get back to low alt mod just click left…

1 Like

she is very very good inside too, but i have no ideal eyes so could no find some

Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Looks like a very useful option.

OK that works, hold left and then tap right button once for carb, tap a second time for engine. Left button tap to go back the other way.

Not exactly intuitive but it does work.

No … you pull the ring pull marked “idle cutoff” near the primer .

1 Like