[RELEASED] Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire Mk1

The sound pack is professionally produced and is Wwise.

2 Likes

I have both of the spitfires and I like them both so far, but is it only me or does the AH drink a bit too much? Iā€™ve set boost to 3, rpm to 2400 and 70% of my full fuel tank were gone after 160NM.

The fuel pressure switch is RIGHT CLICK first to carb ( check pressure at 2.5 ) and then to engine.

flight some, yes, need update very much, flickering more annoying than first time you see, and have long flight, mention levers works not so intuitive as could be, oxygen very fast flow to 0, and you can trim ailerons, but in any way she stay wonderful, ah and you can not rotate rudder trim by mouse if donā€™t zoom it and donā€™t change angle of view, i use binding keys, so for me no problem at all, and aileron trims good cheat if donā€™t use dead zone and center point not in the center :slight_smile: using rudder trim almost or even donā€™t change bank for stab horizonā€¦ but for me heaviest thing is flickering lol
p.s. ah, and i havenā€™t found 10000f alt increment arrow in altimeter

Not working that way for me. Note that I have ā€œlegacyā€ mouse settings enabled. That may be making a difference.

I need to hold the left button down and then right click.

Just right click by itself does nothing.

1 Like

Looking into the files I think actually it has Wwise sounds.

That is nice to know and hear, I retracted my earlier statement.

So around 230NM until your totally dry?

The combat range of the Mk1A seems to depend where you look it up but is usually quoted as around 215NM.

Max range at cruise is quoted as 350NM at 210 MPH . No idea what altitude but presumably fairly high ASL. Clearly a low altitude flight faster than 210 MPH would shorten that range considerably.

1 Like

Oh okay, yes maybe I should try with boost set to 1 or even 0 and 2300 RPM next time. My cruising speed was ~215 knots and I didnt get close to 350NM. Gonna play around with different settings the next couple of flights.

215 knots is too fast.

210 MPH is more like 180 knots.

Also higher altitude will help.

No live weather when testing as head and tail winds will mess things up.

1 Like

A little bit of an off topic question about this video: how does he get the ā€œnormalā€ 2D view for recording while in VR? Normally, the two VR views are displayed in FS when switching to VR.

It would be nice, if the pdf manual was a bit more printer-friendly (less full-page color graphic and - more important for printing as well as for display on screen: single page layout).

6 Likes

funny thing is in msfs is show 750nm range and maximum altitude 19000 lol

I guess it depends on if you turn off the mag starter or not :smiley:

Glad itā€™s only an option. It feels like mounting a modern LCD car dashboard into a 1940ā€™s Bentley ā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m unable to get the generator switch to work. I cannot open the hatch. Any help appreciated.

There is a set of printer-friendly notes in the documentation folder.

I think it is a thing of beauty and great to fly, the bug I mentioned although not game breaking, do need addressing, the top ones for me are:

• Multiplayer sounds not working
  • Sometimes the generator switch is INOP
  • Startup sounds, when it initially starts then noise cuts out, then kicks into another sound does not sound great

@FeasibleEight90 ā€” iā€™m assuming you are one of the developer (nice to see you here, welcome), if you need some videos or screenshots or help with any of the issues mentioned in this post or my longer one, iā€™m more than happy to provide more information.

Is there a white/pale background version of the manual? Iā€™m very tempted to pick it up (even though I have the Flying Iron Spitfire) but my dyslexia is making the manual, well mostly the ā€œFlying the Spitfireā€ page, near impossible to read which seems kinda important to read from what understanding.

Cheers.

My feedback:

I bought yesterday the MKIA. I really enjoy it and really like all the details that have been done in the cockpit. I Ā“ve noticed few things and some that I canĀ“t make it work on my side.

There is one detail I am particularly attentive to for this type of aircraft, and that is the temperature gauges. After pushing the plane to full power and closing the radiator valves, I donā€™t see the temperatures rising.

Also in your introduction tutorial on youtube where you present the plane, you mention ā€œa noise sounds when the pilot sits in the plane, if the throttle is pushed forward and must be repositioned backwards to stop this noiseā€.

On my side, no noise is heard.

Also another question about the throttle. You explain (still via your video presentation) that when you push the throttle, you activate a boost for a short time. I do not see the animation does not hear a noise which simulates the activation of this boost.

I could also notice a visual defect at the junction of the windshield and the cabin on the left side.

You show in your video that we can harden the friction of the controls. On my side I canā€™t turn this ā€œwheelā€.

For the opening of the fuel valve it should be mentioned that the mod ā€œlegacyā€ for the mouse must be activated, otherwise you can close the valve but not open it.

I canā€™t find how to open the engine cowling.

Finally, when you arrive in the cockpit the canopy is closed as well as the access door to the plane. I think it would be logical that both are open.

2 Likes