[RELEASED] Astro ONE | Got Friends

It’s nice for a V1, looking forward to some tweaks.
This is great as a camera platform btw.

My 2.3 yen feedback from a few runs through the included track + some other flight testing:

• As noted above, the gamepad setup isn’t the best. Better to switch right stick horizontal to yaw/rudder, and throttle to triggers. You can pull better moves with this setup too.
  • As such throttle on triggers needs to be more responsive in spool up/down as the slow(sih) hysterisis response it currently has makes it difficult to use throttle control reliably for hovering/landing.
  • This is really apparent when trying to fine control it in a hover in normal mode. It seems to need ~5k to get off the ground, and it’s tricky to keep it in position and lower it down. Yes, I know there’s hover mode, but still nice to be able to land in normal mode, but needs controls to help not hinder. The 3K you have left after getting off the ground isn’t a lot of speed control headroom either.
  • Not sure if it’s possible but when using a double bind with right stick to headlook would be great to disable the single bind control like yaw, as it also does that.
  • For convenience a button to recharge would be nice, or just be able to bind to the existing refuel function ( I already have that bound, but didn’t work).
  • I’d increase the track mode max height by half again, just to give a little more headroom for tracking though city roofs if you need it
  • “Propellor pitch” aka track height control needs a little more fine tuning. The min/max on the U/D works, but would be nice if you could use that as an incremental adjustment up down instead of the right stick up/down. I had both bound but found the stick was too responsive for it and very hard to set exactly the height you wanted. Or perhaps just slow the stick response for track height adjustment down a notch or two.
  • Would be nice to have a turbo mode for touring or slow track racing where you are not radically cornering as much, say double the max speed now (maybe even up to 200). Also with an increase in battery capacity/range/time. It’s a game right, we can haz non-real things too, with magical tech from the future. Why else is there a Halo dropship in the sim?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Beast mode!

Great work team GF!

4 Likes