[RELEASED] Avitar Series | Got Friends

“Sometimes, a breakthrough happens…”

At Got Friends, we don’t succumb to limitations easily. We strip code, tear the sim apart, break things a million times, and sometimes throughout that process… something amazing happens.

A little over two years ago TwoSeventyInc introduced the world to TSI-Buddies on Flightsim.to. This was a fantastic add-on and he laid the groundwork in character customization. Although limited by Asobo’s 3D Models, he was able to repaint faces, repaint jackets and share a distant vision of something that most people didn’t understand at the time.

Fast forward a year and TwoSeventyInc was now part of the Got Friends team. Although still limited, with a group of other talented developers working to enhance the simulator, another breakthrough happened… Got Friends discovered their love for animal companions and introduced the community to “Man’s Best Friend”, allowing anyone to drop their favorite breed of dog into their virtual cockpit.

Today’s announcement, however, will not just lay down another brick in this chapter… but will finally open the door wide open into a glimpse of something really special. Over 2-Years of breaking things, finding solutions and experimenting in the shadows, we have finally discovered something so unique that it is indeed “A First” for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

We are proud to announce the Avitar Series!

Starting next week, we will introduce the world to 3 Families of Avitar Products!

• Avitar: Man’s Best Friend
  • Avitar: Streamer
  • Avitar: Valor

Avitar: Man’s Best Friend will feature 20 selectable dogs and 1 selectable cat companion. It is a more optimized version of the earlier release and will finally join the Avitar Family.

Avitar: Streamer will feature 5 of your favorite Twitch Streamers and allow you to finally take control of them for your own flight adventures!

Avitar: Valor will feature 2 Highly-Detailed World War II Characters. This is a Premium Character line-up and will feature the finest work you can expect for an Avitar. We will announce more information in the future on pricing, but it will be very cheap in order to allow any individual to use them in their Warbird Expeditions. As mentioned above, these Avitars are fully compatible with Any Aircraft in your hangar!

Man’s Best Friend and Streamer will be Free to Download, while Valor will be a premium character that will be sold exclusively on our website.

These Avitars are very unique… They fully utilize Asobo’s Character System. This allows them to be seated in any aircraft in your hangar! Simply go to your Misc → Options Menu and select your desired Pilot and/or Co-Pilot. With our breakthrough approach, our avitars are not just “Static” characters. They are fully dynamic and working directly with Asobo’s Character Animation System. So if an aircraft developer has utilized Asobo’s IK Chain Animations, your Avitars will animate directly with your controls during flight.

This is a massive breakthrough for the entire team at Got Friends. We have heard your voices and we will be expanding our Avitar Series as the future continues to grow. You can expect more characters, more fun community packs, and more announcements in the future!

Next week TwoToneMurphy will reveal the packs to the community for the first time during his livestream news segment. From there, Avitars will be available publically to download on PC.

We are working with Microsoft to get all Avitars on the marketplace in the future. Cheers!

“Let’s build this family together!”

• Got Friends

49 Likes

RIP that Cando pic

2 Likes

ICONIC BOYS!!! This is going to be so wicked.

Since FS2024 will support some kind of parachuting and helicopter external loads, that obviously calls for a Trevor Jacobs addition, so people can then bail out of their own airplanes and then use a helicopter to hide the virtual wreckage from the virtual FAA and NTSB.

10 Likes

Suggestion for also a bit more “modern” warbird avitar?

So overal with WWII like helmed, for example like this:

Second suggestion, apply some patches which are easy to repaint.

Marcel

1 Like

silent but excited screaming

I’m guessing no “paint kit”. Screenshots would never be the same again.

Neat! Any chance for more cats in the future? Love my little ginger buddy but it’d be fun to bring some others along.

8 Likes

I second that. More cat colours required :slight_smile:
It’s a dogcentric world we live in apparently haha :cat2:

4 Likes

I love cats… on my dish ! :rofl:

1 Like

If there was a way to get them to sit in other seats, in the back as passengers, that would be really cool.

2 Likes

Yes please we like cats! :grinning:

6 Likes

What’s the deal with him?

This is fantastic news, you cagey little devils! Here I was going on about this exact request in the Wildcat thread. :wink:

If you’re looking for models, I can sell you these two.

Cheap! :rofl:

2 Likes

Only one cat??? :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Please can we have at least two Monkeys

One for GA
monkey_pilot1

and one for the AIrlines
s-l12001

Although the fighter plane will be happy with Dogs, for their Dog Fights

13 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand:t3:

I’ve flown with that guy!

1 Like

Will these be visible from inside the cockpit or only from outside views?

This is fully dependent on each aircraft and the aircraft’s developer. With all Got Friends aircraft, we’ve allowed Co-Pilots to be visible in cockpit. We are simply adding those additional characters to the game. Once this is released, I’m sure many people will want to go to their favorite aircraft developers and request them to allow PILOT_0 and/or PILOT_1 nodes to be visible in the VCockpit. As mentioned though, we are not modifying aircraft, we will leave that up to the individual developers… same goes with IK Chain Animation. These Avitars simply work the same as Asobo’s Character System so that they are universal across all aircraft and easy to implement for all aircraft and scenery developers.

1 Like