[RELEASED]Camair 480 Twin Navion by B4Gunner@Hangar Studios 713

Update: FPS issues resolved
Thanks

1 Like

I noticed after coming back from being afk for awhile I had crashed due to mixture levels not being checked, and after slewing back into the air that same fps loss had occurred. After restarting my flight it was fine and didnā€™t happen again. Maybe it had something to do with crashing and slewing back, maybe not.

By the way, b4gunner, nice job on the visors. Love the green with the logo, very cool!

1 Like

Also low 40ā€™s.

Update: 1.0.2 resolved most issues with any FPS - Version 1.0.3 in the works today 8/15/22 will have an ever better update to be in line with every other plane in the sim

Update: - All issues resolved with FPS

Kind regards,
B4Gunner

That was directly because of YOU - You asked, I listened. Iā€™m up for anything within reason - After all it is my responsibility to be personable correct? Glad you like it, obviously I thought it was a must have too :wink:

1 Like

So I picked this up yesterday, and I really like it. Iā€™m not experiencing FPS drop with it, but I only did a quick test flight. That said, something isnā€™t right with my graphicsā€¦I have it capped at 30fps, and with this aircraft and the Baron I was comparing it to, I was getting around 55fps. Iā€™m not sure why, and it isnā€™t specific to this aircraft.

My PC shut off while I was looking at the Baron, which reminded me of why I havenā€™t booted up MSFS for a month until now.

I havenā€™t found much to complain about. The textures are what Iā€™d expect at itā€™s price point, however the features are above and beyond what Iā€™d expect. I think itā€™s absolutely worth adding to your hanger. Iā€™m somewhat disappointed itā€™s not getting much press. I imagine a lot of people still donā€™t even know about it.

Side note regarding the ordering process, I ended up ordering it on my phone so I could use Google pay, which allowed my to use PayPal. I donā€™t enter card information on websites ever since an unfortunate event several years ago.

Also, It gave me a license key, but as far as I can tell itā€™s drag and dropā€¦so Iā€™m not sure if I was supposed to do anything with the license key.

1 Like

Your fine no worries! Glad you like it! Yes itā€™s definitely a drag and drop mod. Iā€™m not worried about the press right now. Itā€™ll come in itā€™s due time. Mainly this is a step up from freeware in my books. The real deal has yet to be revealed and Iā€™ve been working on the next one for over a year now. :wink: :wink: I just wanted to get started in the sim world. What is a better plane to start off with thatā€™s an oldie but goodie every GA pilot can enjoy? Itā€™ll get it itā€™s fame one way or the other. Thanks!

2 Likes

Well I could also be the odd one out.

I did another test with a route in Africa, flying with Capt. Mattoā€™s G36 Improvement Mod I easily got my capped 30 FPS and again with the Camair only 15-18 FPS.

My PC is not the best but well within the MSFS specs - Ryzen 5 2600x, RX 580, 16 GB RAM and 8 GB VRAM.
I am using SU10 Beta.
The Camair obviously dislikes something about my System.

I will give it another try once SU10 has had the final release.

1 Like

Official Release Trailer - Camair 480 Twin Navion Official Release Trailer - YouTube

Update: Issues resolved

1 Like

Thank you for making this airplane. I never knew it existed. It made me google it and learn about it.I think the plane is nice and i enjoy it. I hope you keep making planes. I like stuff that is not so common. Keep your vision on what is positive and constructive. Looking forward to any improvements to this and the next project.

1 Like

Why?

Anyway, itā€™s nice that youā€™ve devoted your time to modeling some less well-known aircraft for the sim. This is clearly a labor of love. By most accounts you have flight model and systems functionality in a good place.

My recommendation to you would be that instead of continuing to try to operate as a ā€œone man show,ā€ find someone to partner with who has more talent and experience in 3D modeling and texture art. The visual side is where your add-ons donā€™t stack up right now. There was a reference to FSX earlier; to be honest with you planes in FSX looked much better than this. With your previous Navion released as freeware, it was what it was, but I donā€™t think this is payware quality - especially in comparison to other add-ons you can buy for $15-20.

Hope you take this as intended, in the spirit of constructive criticism.

1 Like

Update Issues resolved.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just the textures. Itā€™s the whole 3D model. It does not look realistic. It looks crude and low-poly. It is not accurate at all to say itā€™s the same as every other plane on the market.

If you cannot see the difference between your 3D model and basically any other payware aircraft available for the sim, then all I can say is that this is why you need to find a partner whose strengths reside in this area.

2 Likes

Update - Original Poly count was a total of 1.5 Million now reduced to almost half of that for FPS issues

1 Like

A lot of options for this plane.

1 Like

When does the $10 release pricing actually finish?

Also is it likely to make it onto the Orbx store at any point ?

Update - Until the end of the August on Gumroad only