[RELEASED] EA-7 Edgley Optica | Got Friends

Officially Announcing Got Friends’ EA-7 Edgley Optica - Releasing Mid-March, 2022

Releasing to Flightsim.to, PC and Xbox In-Game Marketplace

Update: Available for Purchase!
Link: Got Friends | EA-7 Edgley Optica for MSFS

This thread will become the official update channel for our Edgley Optica. Enjoy these early previews, release is imminent!

More information can be found in our official announcement article below:

4 Likes

Ah yes, looks outstanding! But I have to ask, “when?”, and of course, the ever popular, “soon”? NC

Mid-March, 2022 apparently!

1 Like

Within the next 5 days :slight_smile: maybe sooner.

1 Like

Yes please :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m confused - didn’t I buy this already? Or is it a different developer?

edit - great aircraft and fun to use for grass stripping with visual nav too, btw :wink:

1 Like

We can guarantee you’ve never bought an Edgley Optica like this one before! You won’t be disappointed :relieved:

1 Like

Remastered, GTN750 integration, a complete set of steam Gauges, KAP140 AP = Easy Buy choice for $20 ( $10 1st week of release - thanks),

I am so glad you decided to go payware and potentially go full time, producing quality aircraft.

CONGRATULATION

5 Likes

Will it be available in the Xbox marketplace, or will we have to wait a month or so?

Wasn’t it supposed to be freeware ?
I think the initial statements said that.

Kind of confusing.

There is a freeware Edgley already on flightsim.to, a cheap freeware from Orbx in marketplace and now another one.

Honestly, I won’t pay anything for this aircraft, as I already have the OrbX version and it’s not the kind of aircraft I use more than once a year.

Only intersting thing would have been the Dog and the Cat, tbh.
Hopefully MS/Asobo makes a pet companion feature one day as in many other games.

I already have the payware Orbx Optica, and the freeware Got Friends Optica, but would gladly dump both those for the new Got Friends payware one, if only to show support to “Got Friends”.

Support to “Got Friends” , especially for their Freeware Vertigo, that is such a fun, “fantasy” plane to fly, especially in casual Group Flights on Twitch.

1 Like

The Freeware Optica is my original project as well. This payware remaster is replacing that original version on Flightsim.to and is a full robust payware quality aircraft. I understand your concern, and making the transition to payware was not taken light heartedly. Our team has put 150% of our skills into this aircraft, and I guarantee you that if you do consider a purchase, she will be leaving the hangar more than once a year. Our team has put months and months of work into ensuring this payware alternative is the definitive Optica John Edgley envisioned back in 1974.

6 Likes

We’ve Exported the first version to Asobo, based on prior experience, I would think 2 weeks to 1 month.

2 Likes

So will the new payware Optical ONLY be available on the MS-Marketplace, or will there be the opportunity to purchase it through other distributors ?

I saw on Flightsim.to it’ll be available there too.

1 Like

Exclusively, flightsim.to to begin with, following shortly will be the ingame marketplace, and maybe we will consider other distribution methods if the community is in need… Orbx Direct?

3 Likes

Great – One customer here, ready & eager to purchase and support “Got Friends”

1 Like

Mykrode and Maple (Our Video Editor), having a friendly competition to recreate this classic photo. Who won? Let’s just say a lot of slewing had to take place… lol

Original:

Mykrode:

Maple:

2 Likes

A great video by @SimFlightPro, give it a watch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another great comparison video to ease your mind by @Fir3kitt3n

Another great watch to start your morning!