[RELEASED] EA-7 Edgley Optica | Got Friends

EA-7 Edgley Optica by Got Friends Released!

Our Optica is now available to purchase on Flightsim.to! Remember, the 50% Off appreciation price-tag ($10 USD) is only a one week sale, don’t miss out! Got Friends would like to thank you for all your support and for the amazing feedback throughout our last year! May will continue to make enjoyable content for years to come! We hope you enjoy this unique vision of the EA-7 Edgley Optica

Purchase Link:

50% Off Trailer:

3 Likes

The title of this thread needs changing. Just taken a quick couple of flights, it’s the twitchiest plane I’ve ever flown but that’s not a bad thing. Suffice to say the Orbyx version is now where it belongs, in the recycle bin.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Title fixed! Thank you for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just bought this, can’t wait to try it!!!

2 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you, I love it.

Also purchased but will have to wait a bit before I can give it a spin. Skimmed through the manual though and came across this Eldritch horror

lol

1 Like

Only thing I have noticed - the sounds when the windows open and close is not quite in sync and an instant on/off which is a bit jarring. I will be keeping them closed.

1 Like

We will do our best to address that issue in the future… sorry about your ears in the meantime!

2 Likes

Believe it or not… this is how Blender (Our 3D Modeling Program) required us to export our bone animated dogs and cats in order to get them into the aircraft with proper animations.

Our team was dying of laughter, confusion, and horror at this being the solution for MSFS development. Also took me months to figure out as I believe no other aircraft developer has successfully achieved complex bone animation with their aircraft yet, outside of winglex and yawstrings. This was a major achievement for aircraft development. I’ll definitely be sharing a hilarious tutorial on this for other developers in the future… :laughing:

cet_n_de_het

7 Likes

Who’s a good boy!!! Really loving it. AP works well, seems much more “powerful” than the other variants. :slight_smile: All in all, very VERY happy! Great work!

EDIT to add make sure you use the checklist, cold start is different than the “other” ones. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

3 Likes

Sorry, but have to say Maple won this one :wink:

1 Like

Don’t be sorry one bit friend…Maple makes some fantastic videos!:yum:

I must be in “totally stupid:” mode today – How to switch in the PMS50 GTN750 into the VC ?

Please use the System Swap Switch in the upper cockpit panel. You can also click the “Eye-Finder” on that step in the “Preflight Checklist” ingame to find it.

Thank you… got it – was an issue with the install of the PMS50 GTN750… missed it in the Addon Linker.

Anyone want to buy a Orbx Optica ( very low hours !! )

2 Likes

I know some of you may be on the edge about buying this version. Havoc23 uploaded some beautiful (No commentary) footage today that should hopefully show you what this aircraft looks like, sounds like, and flies like.

If anyone is questioning whether or not to purchase this, I can safely say that this aircraft is THE best representation of Optica in MSFS - the featureset greatly supersedes that of the Orbx offering - you get autopilot, you get GTN750 support, you get companions, you get a GREAT set of liveries and an aircraft that is cozy, provides an amazing view while sightseeing and feels a little like your mini-home in the sky.

The reason I can say I am happy with it is the devs were very gracious in providing me with a preview copy of this wonderful aircraft and I provided them with a list of just a couple of things that were not quite ready before release. Believe it or not, they have addressed EVERY ONE of them. They were both cosmetic as well as performance-related and the subsequent version was a pleasure to fly… I am very grateful for this and will, as usual, support them with a purchase myself. Not to say the Orbx one is bad, cause it isn’t… but it’s getting uninstalled in favour of this version.

10 Likes

The support on this release has been overwhelming. Just want to thank everyone for such a successful launch. We are already monitoring feedback and making a list of items we can address in our first update! Excited to see all the wonderful liveries the community will have painted in the coming days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Talking about paintschemes, will there be a paintkit?

3 Likes

@pby5a Already up my Friend! EA-7 Edgley Optica (Paint Kit) » Microsoft Flight Simulator looking forward to your creation!

3 Likes