[RELEASED] F4F-4 Wildcat | Got Friends

It’s time…

57 Likes

Oh hello, I didn’t see you there. What’s a nice looking gal like you doing in a gin joint like this?

5 Likes

Nice, too soon for details on level of fidelity?

2 Likes

I’d like to reserve 1 (one) Wildcat please.

2 Likes

More information will be coming soon :slight_smile: We plan on making this aircraft very well priced and available on PC and Xbox.

9 Likes

I’ll take 2 please.

2 Likes

That looks soo good! More radial love!

3 Likes

Holy ■■■■ guys! I was just talking about wanting a F4F during Warbird Wednesday, and lo and behold, we’re getting one with the Got Friends treatment. The model looks absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait guys!

4 Likes

This made my day. One more cat for the hanger? Yes, please :smiley:

2 Likes

YESSSSS!!! Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

1 Like

Here, kittie kittie! I think I am about to become a crazy old cat person! :star_struck: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Wow, what a coincidence! I was just watching the first half of your Part 1 of developing a plane on YouTube (the 1 year old episode) and the F4F was the main image shown early on.

Crazy!!

2 Likes

Acrobatic only or War ready ?

1 Like

Here is a great demonstration of the landing gear retract/extension, courtesy of the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. Roughly 28 turns of the hand crank to either raise or lower the landing gear (and this was the only method for doing so).

5 Likes

Kinda like the 28 turns of the mouse scroll wheel it took to get to the bottom of your post! :laughing:

3 Likes

The very first effective US carrier borne fighter aircraft in USN history. In the fight under many flags from the start of WWII to the finish, the Wildcat is a legend. I’m glad to see Got Friends has decided to pay homage with this project for MSFS. Can’t wait to experience it.

1 Like

28 turns and mostly needing two hands as well… Just imagine the user complaints if this was simulated properly.

1 Like

they can simulate the way the airplane bobbed up and down while the pilot cranked on the LG handle - it was a signature flight characteristic…she’d just need to porpoise a bit for about 13 seconds and mostly during ‘gear up’ as gravity assisted the ‘down cranking’

1 Like

I doubt it would matter much. Like me, most probably push a button that works the simulation for them :smiley:

Pics look fantastic… I am sure it will be as good as all your other work!